Gundam 00

• Please log in to reply
1505 replies to this topic

#16 Redstang

Redstang

Member v.3

• 258 posts
  • Interests:I love automobiles. I am an automotive artist. car models are the one's I do the most, though at time's I do Mecha and space ships.

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:20 PM

Looks okay to me.

#17 Bangdoll

Bangdoll

Member v.2

• 156 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:54 PM

I've no complains about the mecha designs. Have to give them credit for trying to make the MS look different from the others (see the roundish look of the head and that cone-thingy at the back,) while still retaining the "gundam" look. It also seem like one of the most slender gundams so far, almost Eva-thin.

What I'm more concerned about will be the depiction of its capabilities. Will it be super-robotish like the Freedom/SFreedom all over again? I hope not.

Characters look too generically bishounen. Maybe that's just on the outside, and they'll have unique personalities or something. :P

#18 Eltia

Eltia

Don't come any closer... I'll bite!

• 3,883 posts
  • Interests:Gundams, Zoids, Armored Cores.

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:36 PM

I am more concerned about the quality of the story and character development.  Cool mecha designs are good but things would become much more interesting with a good story to support the actions of the mecha.

If it is a Gundam Wing or Seed repeat, it probably would be too redundant, don't you think?

#19 drake

drake

Frustration!

• 146 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:17 AM

Thanks for posting the pictures myakk.

I don't know if I like what they did to the antenna, moving them on the chest/shoulder joint.  Gundam is comming down to "if you've seen it once, you've seen them all."  I hope they do somthing a bit more creative with the story this time around.  And please, no more whiney "Shin" characters.

#20 rainguy

rainguy

Member v.5

• 1,439 posts
  • Interests:Mech & Figure Modelling

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:51 AM

I think what Bandai need to recruit a different guy to conduct the design otherwise all the designs looks very alike, like all the seed, wing, g, arrgh too boring !!! Really need to bring some different element (not too extreme like syd mead) like calling back katoki hajime, mamoru nagano and call some other srw guys like kazue saito(weissrichter,alteisen), seiji ono (granzon), Hiroshi ando (dygenguar & aussenseiter). It will make the series more fun. Otherwise it's just either wing looks alike or seed looks alike. I'm really bored with the newer series. I was much more happier with the varieties of mech in the SRW series. It makes the newer gundam designs look not so good. Just compare this several mechs (taken from mahq). In my oppinion there is a huge gap in the design varieties.
wildwurger open armor
Posted Image
granzon
Posted Image
dygenguar
Posted Image
weissrichter
Posted Image
don't forget the old favourite like the huckebeine, cybaster & friends, r1,r2,r3,alteisen. You can ask for a bulk mech (r-2 powered) or normal mech (like huckebeine) or "king of brave" type (like ryujinki) or "gundam" type (like r1 & r-gun) or "eva" type (like in the srw in DS), they have all the mech varieties, rather than the newer gundams. Oh just add this detail or take out that detail and put this. I can not see much differences on the mech in all seed series, too boring for me. I believed this new series will be as boring as seed.
Imagine if those guys are up, katoki & team as the gundam designer and nagano as the enemy designer (like in Z & ZZ). That will be a killing team :) . That is all my oppinion tho' maybe different people with different oppinion *shrugs*.

#21 prada0007

prada0007

Ask me if I care!

• 907 posts
  • Interests:models, games, girls, and just living

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:35 AM

Man I can't get over how much I'm really hating the seed/freedom art style. Also the story lines of the last few gundam series stories have been just not that interesting for me. I want good'ol MSG, 08th team, 0083, chars counter attack, Wing and turn A. Not sure why they are sticking to AC so much and not doing a new uc series. I forget which timeline wish is the last one, but I would much rather see a uc series that follows up f-91, x or what I'm betting a lot of you would love to see, sentinel.

#22 drake

drake

Frustration!

• 146 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:15 AM

I think by looking at those pictures that they're defiently taking a step in *some* other direction.  (although the first two pictures look like they came from Wing) A start is a start, right??  SEED was okay, SEED Destiny was boring and that series needs to die.  
Sunrise needs a little kick in the butt and yeah, I pretty much agree with rainguy.

#23 Ladycus-Sopp

Ladycus-Sopp

Member v.2

• 102 posts
  • Interests:Lucifer is my god

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:26 AM

More infos :

http://aeug.blogspot.com/
http://www.mechatalk...=6537&start=140

#24 Eltia

Eltia

• 3,883 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:59 AM

Gundam series does seem to more and more follow the "you have seen one, you have seen them all" direction.   (OK, maybe Turn-A is an exception. :))  Perhaps this is one reason why Tomino was really depressed over the Bandai and Sunrise merging.  Eventually, the marketing people would put even more enormous pressure on the Gundam producers to make profitable Gundam series instead of advancing the state of the arts.  The end result is fossilization.

On the other hand, Gundam novels seem to have less restriction than anime series though.  So I am more looking forward to Gundam Unicorn. :)

#25 MechaSparky

MechaSparky

Can't sleep, the clown will eat me...

• 819 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:20 AM

Looking at those stills I could see some really interesting MG kits coming of this seies. Now it's just wait and see if its a POS story or not.

#26 TMBounty_Hunter

TMBounty_Hunter

Tall, Russian-looking guy

• 5,365 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:58 AM

damn, Okawara is still on board :(

#27 GameraBaenre

GameraBaenre

Banned Asshole

• 2,773 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:02 AM

View PostMechaSparky, on Jun 5 2007, 08:20 AM, said:

Looking at those stills I could see some really interesting MG kits coming of this seies. Now it's just wait and see if its a POS story or not.
Well, I must say that I really enjoyed Full Metal Alchemist.  The story got fairly dark as it progressed and main/beloved characters were killed off.  So with that, there's hope that with Seiji Mizushima at the helm, the story should be fairly decent.  I'm looking forward to this; only a couple of months away.

Belkar Bitterleaf, on OOTS #476, said:

I an a sexy shoeless god of cooking too.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Eltia

Eltia

• 3,883 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:09 PM

I read somewhere that the Gunpla of the main mecha of this series is going to be released before the anime starts aired in Japan, is it true?

#29 Yamisword

Yamisword

Member v.3

• 309 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:37 PM

yeah it is true. here is the site:

http://www.bandainam...2007060501.html

name of the gundam is called Gundam Excia

#30 myakk

myakk

Member v.4

• 644 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:30 PM

After reading the press release, all bandai thinks of gundam is a kit money maker... nothing more, nowadays that's why I never purchased a single peice of GSD merchandise... I have to admit I did buy some seed stuff to practice on and I still think SEED was a decent series...

"you have seen one, you have seen them all"

I did hear someone say you have seen one you have seen them all this is only true w/ GSD in which basically it copies itself and various other gundam series to no end... beam sheilds, ship beam sheilds, wings of light, combinding beam rifles, transformation, psycho gundam, beam lances, funnels... to name a few if your a first time gundam fan GSD will ruin the old gundam series for you cause it overexposes to the uniqueness of the other series!

I have just one request though " I WANT AT LEAST KICK A** BAD GUY 'MOBILE SUIT'! THAT IS NOT A GUNDAM IN THE NEW SERIES, or at least some kool non-rehashed bad MS!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users