#1501 Arzachel

Arzachel

Member v.3

• 366 posts
  • Interests:music, gunpla, anime, tv, movies, video games, comics

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:24 AM

View Posthalcyon666, on 06 June 2011 - 08:09 AM, said:

View PostSuzaku, on 06 June 2011 - 06:51 AM, said:

The only time I will accept a giant space flower in Gundam is if it is also a mega laser satellite system or some such.
Tada!
Posted Image[
You'd recommend a film where a character's defection is met with death not 5 min later, making their appearance completely pointless?
"How do you know you can trust me?"
"I don't - that's what trust is."

#1502 AirZero

AirZero

Member v.4

• 695 posts
  • Interests:Fighting animes, fighter girls, gunpla, cute japanese animals, white ms

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

View PostKnolly, on 02 June 2011 - 02:44 PM, said:

View Postkajnrig, on 01 June 2011 - 11:26 PM, said:

Oh, shush. Playing the hater card only gets you so far when there are legitimate faults with the product.
I was just joking/using that as an excuse to use that GIF.

I dunno, I found it entertaining as hell so it worked for me.  Harute was an absolute beast in the final battle and I really want an MG of it with DAT leg boosters and DAT six eyes.

I do agree that the lack of one on one battles was disappointing though... Given the setup for the movie there weren't a ton of opportunities, but there were still some.  I mean when Graham yelled that the enemy was a Gundam type, I had hoped that it meant there was an ELS 00 Raiser that he was gonna fight it out with.  Or an ELS Gadelezza or something.
that would have being cool, and we just cant have that in a 00 movie. Graham  beating the crap out of a fake 00 gundam >,< that would had made the movie 100% better. Graham was so bad ass in season 1 in the custom flag. >,< USA
Posted Image

#1503 kajnrig

kajnrig

Committed Member

• 1,840 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:27 PM

Let's not forget about the La Vie en Rose.

...unless that WAS the La Vie en Rose, in which case... uh... yeah, ignore me.

EDIT:

Guess I was right. That pic's of the... Lafressia? Or some such thing from F91, right? Pleaseberightpleaseberightpleaseberight

Edited by kajnrig, 06 June 2011 - 02:30 PM.

#1504 halcyon666

halcyon666

• 307 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:28 PM

View Postkajnrig, on 06 June 2011 - 02:27 PM, said:

EDIT:

Guess I was right. That pic's of the... Lafressia? Or some such thing from F91, right? Pleaseberightpleaseberightpleaseberight

And you are right. And Arzachel I wasn't recommending F91 as a great film, I was merely supplying the Space Flower/Mega Laser Weapon System that Suzaku brought up. I still feel that F91 is a film that has more con's than  pro's...

#1505 Arzachel

Arzachel

Member v.3

• 366 posts
  • Interests:music, gunpla, anime, tv, movies, video games, comics

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

View Posthalcyon666, on 06 June 2011 - 03:28 PM, said:

View Postkajnrig, on 06 June 2011 - 02:27 PM, said:

EDIT:
And you are right. And Arzachel I wasn't recommending F91 as a great film, I was merely supplying the Space Flower/Mega Laser Weapon System that Suzaku brought up. I still feel that F91 is a film that has more con's than  pro's...
That's what happens when you plan a tv series and scale back to a movie instead of shelving the project for a few years like a reasonable company.
"How do you know you can trust me?"
"I don't - that's what trust is."

#1506 Suzaku

Suzaku

Member v.1

• 93 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:01 PM

I would have dearly loved seeing F91 as a series. I wish they'd revisit that sometime. You know, do the reverse of the movie compilation thing.

And I think that, for me, OO stops at the end of the TV series :P  Mechs aside, of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users