44 replies to this topic

#16 Jinnai

Jinnai

Busy Chef

• 979 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:50 PM

View PostAmaterasu, on Jun 29 2007, 01:03 PM, said:

A mistake?  What means it, precious?

A mistake, as seeing as both collaborators on the FAC kit have now hit the bigtime, I feel the boxart alone is "worth" something as a collectors item. :P

It's like the pokemon of FSS.. gotta catch them all!

... if I were KOG anyway..
Wishing work wasn't so busy..

#17 Ladycus-Sopp

Ladycus-Sopp

Member v.2

• 102 posts
  • Interests:Lucifer is my god

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:26 AM

it's a pity that they do not leave more plastic models…

#18 Amaterasu

Amaterasu

T-T-T-Ta-Ta-Tallllgeeeese!

• 3,879 posts
  • Interests:Shit be gettin' real, now yo!

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:52 AM

We spent enough on the kit: that's for sure...

If we had known, I would have waited for an official, widely-released casting.  But meh.

FSS IP?  I guess? I've toyed with the idea of WAVE releasing a 1/144 IP Bang Doll and Vatshu.  I wonder why they don't.  Perhaps FSS IP 1/144 simply don't sell well.

Looking for:

MG GP 01 : Face / Head

#19 rainguy

rainguy

Member v.5

• 1,439 posts
  • Interests:Mech & Figure Modelling

Posted 30 June 2007 - 01:40 AM

back to the topic ....
next update please decors :) ... I will look forward on the white. I believed "white" is a sacred word for you.

Ama : how much did you get that one for ? LOL it's the first time release right in the FAC ? I believed it's around Y30k :P .

#20 Jinnai

Jinnai

Busy Chef

• 979 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:07 AM

View Postrainguy, on Jun 30 2007, 07:40 PM, said:

Ama : how much did you get that one for ? LOL it's the first time release right in the FAC ? I believed it's around Y30k :P .

We ended up paying about 55k yen IIRC? Winston, myself and Jack all pitched in for it.
Wishing work wasn't so busy..

#21 rainguy

rainguy

Member v.5

• 1,439 posts
  • Interests:Mech & Figure Modelling

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:42 AM

:blink: *speechless* Such a price for that small kit. I always thought that 30k is already a huge sum for a 1/144 kit but 55k ?? wow :) .

View PostJinnai, on Jun 30 2007, 09:07 PM, said:

We ended up paying about 55k yen IIRC? Winston, myself and Jack all pitched in for it.

#22 MaullarMaullar

MaullarMaullar

◕ ◡◡ ◕

• 359 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:40 AM

That kit is so ridiculously beautiful, but 55,000 is just nuts.  I guess I'll hope for an IP release?

#23 Amaterasu

Amaterasu

• 3,879 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:31 AM

At the time, it was worth it.  

Con-only kits, y'know?

Anyway, IP release?

LOL!  I may be 65 before they release this in IP.  Has WAVE released any new IP in years?  No.  They've released the V3 LED - which is just a rehash.  I was hoping to see a Vatshu, Bang, and maybe a Junchoon ODK.  Never will happen.

Looking for:

#24 machine mess

machine mess

a very patient man

• 728 posts
  • Interests:manga, The Pillows, anime, modeling, blogging, my wife and son

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:36 AM

View PostAmaterasu, on Jul 5 2007, 09:31 AM, said:

Anyway, IP release?

LOL!  I may be 65 before they release this in IP.  Has WAVE released any new IP in years?  No.  They've released the V3 LED - which is just a rehash.  I was hoping to see a Vatshu, Bang, and maybe a Junchoon ODK.  Never will happen.

It's wierd tho' because WAVE does make new IP kits of other stuff. I just picked up one of their tachikoma kits and it's simple, but quite nice.

Why they can't make a few nice, simple heavy MH kits or something like that is totally beyond me. I'd buy an IP Apache with no hesitation whatsoever. If Kaiyodo could make those 1/220 kits (resin, to be sure, but from what I've seen very simple) then surely Wave could come up with something other than the LED parade.

I guess maybe they're stuck in some sort of rut where they think that MH kits have to all ultra-complex, but it seems dopey to me since they have this other line of kits (the Sakura Wars II kits are like this too) that are simple but very attractively sculpted.

anyway, what is this thread about??? :)

#25 Amaterasu

Amaterasu

• 3,879 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:05 AM

Perhaps this problem lies in the FSS market, or the mecha building market anyhow.  I suppose the number of serious FSS modellers who would buy an IP LED are far an few between (in 1/144).  Myself, I only own one kit - I don't really intend to get any more.  

Perhaps FSS is too niche.  They perhaps cannot justify the costs of making metal moulds for something that may not sell well - although I cannot imagine an IP Vatshu, Junchoon, or Bang Doll not selling.  

This thread is about how we're cross at Jack for not updating with more MH images.  

Looking for:

#26 daveonbass

daveonbass

no time for modeling...must troll!

• 2,201 posts
  • Interests:uh...models...?

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:18 AM

I have to agree...I think that the bulk of FSS builders would simply shy away from a IP kit.  They (myself included) tend to prefer that the models be in resin.  The older IP kits get such "bad" reviews that I can only imagine that if another one were to be released...it would be ignored.  The only way that might not happen is if the kit in question is something Completely new like a bang doll or the like.  It would have to NOT be a LED or KOG...people don't want another crappy model of those...but they may pay for a crappy Band doll...and give the IP another shot.  But I highly dought it.  I think most of us woudl simply wait for volks to release a new kit.  And then there's the problem with people like me specificly...I don't want to see a older model redone.  I hate hearing that the next release will be ANOTHER...BangDoll, or LED re-hash, or a new KOG sculpt, in which the only real new feature is a bent pinky finger...and a higher price!!  I'm tired of that.  I want to see NEW designs.  I was glad that the phantom came out...and I love the new cross mirages.  I do like the gastness...and the other new "temple" (forgot the name).  Those are new and can add to a collection.  But in between that...we get bombarded with remakes of the oldest design in the books...the LED.  yippy-skippy.  It's so rare to see a new kit...and then it's the same kit.  
I just think that companies like WAVE realize that it wouldn't be cost effective to take a risk on a IP kit of any design, much less a design that has 5+ different Resin sculpts, all of which are probably better looking than the IP kit ever will be.  

So I agree with the quote, "Never will happen."  

dave

#27 DecoRs

DecoRs

Mortar Noob

• The Mods
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:33 AM

View PostAmaterasu, on Jul 6 2007, 06:05 AM, said:

This thread is about how we're cross at Jack for not updating with more MH images.  

I'm actually working on it. Had been sick for about a week and a half, so didn't want to touch or even think about the kit. I'm currently doing some mods and exploring ideas to try and make the Junchoon better. Speaking of ideas, what do you think of exposing the laser reflectors on the shoulder armors?

#28 Amaterasu

Amaterasu

• 3,879 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:50 AM

I don't know, Dave.  I think that old designs are sure sellers because of their level of fandom.  I'd buy a good 1/144 Bang, Vatshu, Helmine, Bubirons LED, Cross etc etc.  I think that the issue is that IP 1/144 FSS isn't selling all that well.  But I think that it is more WAVE's fault - for not trying after the LED.  How long did they take to get the V3 out on shelves?  Three years after it was showcased?  By that time, anyone could have gotten the 1/100 Volks by saving up 1000 yen a month.  Geez.

WAVE concentrates on 1/144 resin kits as their primary FSS draw.  I doubt that they would sacrifice this source of revenue for selling kits of IP design.  Let's also face this: it's very difficult, if not nearly impossible to render a good 'new' MH in injection.  I suppose it could be done, but the abdomen would have be, perhaps, eight parts.  What suckage.  I wouldn't mind - for a cheaper price.  

I have to say, the 1/144 LED Mirage is an excellent kit by any standard.  It's quite accurate, detailed and this and that. My only wish is a bit more poseability.  More engineering is needed.  

Pipe dreams.  They'll never happen.

Looking for:

#29 DecoRs

DecoRs

Mortar Noob

• The Mods
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:59 AM

Finally, something new to show.

As I was looking through the parts, I came up with what I thought would be an interesting idea to open up the shoulder laser reflector.

I started out by carefully sawing apart the laser reflector cover from the shoulder armor, as it was quite thin.

Posted Image

After the cover came off, I started drilling holes on the shoulder armor to make it easier to clean out the resin to make room for detailing.

Posted Image

Here's how it looks after the resin had been cleaned out using a flat blade. And right next to the shoulder armor is a piece of plastic board I cut out, which I will be using for detailing.

Posted Image

It was a bit difficult to figure out what to do for the detailing, as there wasn't much info to model after, and not a lot of room to work with. Looking at Volks 1/100 kit wasn't much of a help because it barely had anything in there. With that said, I had to come up with something to fill that empty space.
Posted Image

#30 machine mess

machine mess

a very patient man

• 728 posts
  • Interests:manga, The Pillows, anime, modeling, blogging, my wife and son

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:02 AM

nice job!

Your decision about the bit of internal detail looks natural and totally fine to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users