Member v.4

• 401 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:53 AM

=

#17 Mindless

Mindless

¿DONDE ESTAN MIS SUBMARINOS?

• 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Headphones, Hi-Fi, Music, RPGs, Mecha modeling and much, much more.

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:15 AM

View PostMichael, on Aug 7 2007, 11:41 AM, said:

Hmmmm...I have always been a fan of the AC series. Yet whenever I see the products those companies produce, it just turn me off.  <_<

...eventhough they are a hundred times more accurate to the actual designs than for example Gundams?

Interesting.

And regarding the Nineball: Fuck yeah!  :o

#18 KOG

KOG

The King in Yellow

• The Mods
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:58 AM

Woo! Finally!

Glad to see this kit series is still going strong.

The Atlas kit looks amazing too.

#19 Nydyne

Nydyne

The Gyan Man

• 229 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:30 PM

While I only wanted to stick with AC4 kits, I have to get the 9Ball kit.  So hard not to love that design.
Posted Image

#20 KOG

KOG

The King in Yellow

• The Mods
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:33 PM

Is it Nineball, or Ninebreaker?

While the aforementioned kit has been on my 'wish list' almost since the AC kit line started, I actually find myself more excited about the Atlas kit. It's the biggest, scariest, toughest looking AC kit so far... or at least it looks that way to me. It even makes the Selena look wimpy. Look at the size of that gun!

#21 tetsujin

tetsujin

三面図流の初段

• 3,989 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:14 PM

View PostKOG, on Aug 13 2007, 04:33 PM, said:

Is it Nineball, or Ninebreaker?

"Nineball" is the AC.  "Ninebreaker" is the title bestowed upon the pilot who manages to beat Nineball (and, later, anyone who becomes the top-ranked AC pilot...)

Pretty cool that there's an actuall Nine Ball kit in the pipeline - so much simpler that way.  :)
---GEC
If you want something done right...
My website: http://scope-eye.net

#22 BouquetOfGuns

BouquetOfGuns

Member v.2

• 159 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

could anyone show screens of opened box inside package shots? i'm curious and always find it interesting to see the pieces seperated

#23 Guest_kyle1281989_*

Guest_kyle1281989_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:48 PM

View PostBouquetOfGuns, on Aug 13 2007, 07:40 PM, said:

could anyone show screens of opened box inside package shots? i'm curious and always find it interesting to see the pieces seperated

www.dalong.net has 'em- just click Kotobukyia>pick the AC kit>information

#24 Lycantivis

Lycantivis

Derailer of Threads

• 1,115 posts
  • Interests:Derailing Threads

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:17 PM

just bought a gaea and OMG nine ball.... sigh

View PostKOG7777, on 06 December 2009 - 04:18 PM, said:

troll..... lycan? that's like trying to slap Mike Tyson

#25 Mindless

Mindless

• 1,868 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:03 AM

Got my Dualface in the mail yesterday, however I didn't take a look at the kit untill today.

So, I grabbed my hobbyknife and calipers and though I was in for a smooth snapping trip like with your average MG kits.

I was positively surprised to see that the kit had so many parts that it would be impossible to finish in a couple of hours (like your average MG) and that it required alot of sub-assembly. I was also glad to see that you couldn't carelessly snap it together and take it apart (like a MG).

Needless to say, it was a whole lot more work than I expected. Definately a skill 3 or 4 kit. Needs alot of careful planning ahead in order to get the proper end result.

I'll deal with this one once I finish my Freedom IWSP and Hi-Nu I think, because as it is now, there's way too much on my table.  :)

#26 tetsujin

tetsujin

三面図流の初段

• 3,989 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:33 AM

View PostMindless, on Aug 23 2007, 12:03 PM, said:

I was positively surprised to see that the kit had so many parts that it would be impossible to finish in a couple of hours (like your average MG) and that it required alot of sub-assembly. I was also glad to see that you couldn't carelessly snap it together and take it apart (like a MG).

(calipers??)

Yeah, the AC kits are a bit partsy...  The upshot is that all kinds of little details get a good amount of attention.  Very little stuff gets lost to draft angle issues...
---GEC

#27 Mindless

Mindless

• 1,868 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:56 AM

View Posttetsujin, on Aug 23 2007, 06:33 PM, said:

View PostMindless, on Aug 23 2007, 12:03 PM, said:

(calipers??)

Yeah, the AC kits are a bit partsy...  The upshot is that all kinds of little details get a good amount of attention.  Very little stuff gets lost to draft angle issues...

Uh... sorry, my mental english dictionary malfunctioned. Cutters is what I meant.

But yeah, sure were partsy as hell. Then again, I like the way the parts were broken up. First you have the "base" for the part, then you cover it with panels (that require no seam-work) which you in turn cover with detail parts.

#28 JJBUNSU3

JJBUNSU3

Member v.4

• 401 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:59 PM

:

#29 tetsujin

tetsujin

三面図流の初段

• 3,989 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:40 AM

Hey, that "Plamoo" guy on Youtube seems to have gotten his hands on an AC kit, finally...
AC Dual Face vs. Microman
---GEC

#30 KOG

KOG

The King in Yellow

• The Mods
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:15 PM

HLJ has the C-04 Atlas 'Fox Eye' version up for preorder now. Release date in November.

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYVI-23

The Uranus is due in September, and the Tellus is due in October.

I suppose we'll probably see the Nineball in December then?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users