• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 blackosthell

blackosthell

v2.0

• 11 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:22 PM

Heya,

I'm sorta new to the hobby (haven't built any of the lastest kits, but a few years ago I managed to hash together a few of those 1/100 V2 League Militaire series kits).

While I was visiting Hong Kong this past month, I picked up the MG Strike + IWSP and also a conversion/upgrade resin kit (Gundam Strike Evolve 8).

Knowing absolutely nothing about resin kits, I guess I got lucky because the instruction booklet said that it was a NeoGrade product. Now, after reading through some of the threads here regarding Neograde kits and recasting etc.. my question to you is: Is my resin kit an original or a re-cast?

The box is rectangular and brown with a pic of a finished GAT-105 on it with the words "Superior Modelling Hobbystore". I could have sworn that I saw some pictures of NeoGrade kits somewhere in one of the threads and the box is supposed to be red?

Cheers,

#2 mr_greed

mr_greed

MECHA PIMP

• 997 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:24 PM

View Postzeronine, on Aug 21 2007, 04:22 PM, said:

Heya,

I'm sorta new to the hobby (haven't built any of the lastest kits, but a few years ago I managed to hash together a few of those 1/100 V2 League Militaire series kits).

While I was visiting Hong Kong this past month, I picked up the MG Strike + IWSP and also a conversion/upgrade resin kit (Gundam Strike Evolve 8).

Knowing absolutely nothing about resin kits, I guess I got lucky because the instruction booklet said that it was a NeoGrade product. Now, after reading through some of the threads here regarding Neograde kits and recasting etc.. my question to you is: Is my resin kit an original or a re-cast?

The box is rectangular and brown with a pic of a finished GAT-105 on it with the words "Superior Modelling Hobbystore". I could have sworn that I saw some pictures of NeoGrade kits somewhere in one of the threads and the box is supposed to be red?

Cheers,

if you bought it in HK odds are its a recast. but posting pics may be more easy to solve your dilema. some member can tell you if its original packaging as they have bought their own originals. post a pic man !

mr. greed
SEE MY CORE WORKS EX-S VER 2 WIP !

ALSO SEE MY CORE WORKS MK-V WIP

HEY ! COME SEE MY FAZZ NEBULA ! AT HOBBY YARD !

AND WHY NOT ADD YOURS THERE TOO !?

#3 blackosthell

blackosthell

v2.0

• 11 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

doh, i left the camera at the gf's house.

thanks mr. greed.. the more i look at this though, the more i'm thinking that it's a re-cast. the neograde pamphlet is a black and white photocopy and there isn't any neograde watermarks on the three photos that come with the kit.

BLAH! now i wanna get the original kit.

anyone from canada order from them? what's the shipping cost like?

#4 Michael

Michael

Gunpla NoobCake

• 1,200 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:43 PM

:P You could check out more information about NeoGrade in the other thread...which I think you have already posted in...or else...if worst comes to worst...we will have to introduce you to our forum's best middleman...Chaes1126. He is a cache of information about NG. That ought to help you out abit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users