How to use Gundam marking seals?

2 replies to this topic

#1 greg

greg

Member v.3

• 305 posts
  • Interests:SF & car plastic models, Perler Beadsprite pixel art, retro video gaming from the 16-bit and 32-bit era.

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:15 PM

I just tried using a Gundam marking seal I cut out of January's Dengeki Hobby. I was happy to see a big selection of seals, so I decided to try one out. At first I was hoping that they were water decals, but after I cut one off of the page I was thinking that they worked like the "Gundam decals" that came with the HG Hyaku Shiki in which you apply the decal, rub it onto the model, then lift up on the sheet, leaving only the design. This is not the case. The film layer just stays there.

So how do you make these things not look so crappy? I used my X-Acto knife to cut off as much of the excess as possible off the model. Can I spray a gloss top coat on this and make the edges disappear?

#2 icevenom

icevenom

Member v.2

• 125 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:32 AM

Decal softener. I think.

I stopped using sticker decals on my MG Destiny. It looks intimidating enough with on the rub on decals. Besides, most of the recent kits don't need *that* much.

#3 MarkW

MarkW

Plastic Surgeon v2

• 4,737 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:56 AM

If these are truly stickers, you can't make them not look crappy.  Fortunately, there are a number of sources for decal (watersldie) you can use.
MarkW

A shadow shall fall over the universe, and evil will grow in its path, and death will come from the skies

"I can cross stab Hitler to death off the list of cool crap I thought I'd never do"
--Brock Sampson

Posted Image
Gamera's Mecha/Figure model board

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users