[Pics] Poseidon Jericho 941 - Spike's Gun -Update!-

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Spike

Spike

Member v.1

• 63 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:52 PM

Hi, below are some pictures of my Jericho 941 Poseidon Kit. This is a Grip & Laser Sight remodeling kit made to convert a Hudson Gas Blowback Jericho 941 into a replica of Spike's Gun from the show Cowboy Bebop.

The GBB Hudson is a very rare piece, due to it being a collectors item because the Poseidon kit was specificaly made for it, and also because it was Discontinued by Hudson many years ago. Getting one in Japan is tricky enough, getting one here in the states is nigh impossible unless you know people in Japan, or "know a guy who know's a guy". I am still looking for the gun itself, but I have a good lead on one right now thanks to a friend and should have one in my posession soon.

Click the Thumbnails for larger images.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Spike, 19 December 2009 - 12:52 PM.

#2 MechaSparky

MechaSparky

Can't sleep, the clown will eat me...

• 819 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:37 AM

very nice find. Will you be doing a build up thread once you get the gun portion?

I tried for a long time to get several poseidon conversion kits, but the're really hard to come by.

#3 Spike

Spike

Member v.1

• 63 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:44 AM

View PostMechaSparky, on Mar 26 2009, 07:37 AM, said:

very nice find. Will you be doing a build up thread once you get the gun portion?

I tried for a long time to get several poseidon conversion kits, but the're really hard to come by.

Yea, i'll post pictures of the Jericho before and after applying the new parts. And then maybe a video of it firing.

Many of the popular Poseidon Kits, such as Vash's Gun from Trigun, the Cerberus Guns from Gungrave, many of the Seburo guns from Ghost in the Shell/Appleseed, and the Casull and the Jackal from Hellsing have been, like the Jericho 941, out of production for quite some time. Ontop of that, when they actaully still made them, they didn't ship overseas to the U.S. The only real way to find the kits that are out of production is to get extremely lucky and find a collector in the states who is willing to sell you one, or know somebody who can help you get one from Japan, since they are easier to find there.

#4 Spike

Spike

Member v.1

• 63 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:15 AM

I updated my first post with some much better pictures, now that i've finnaly got my Nikon and my Tripod back.

I have a very good line on the gun now, it's almost as good as in my hands. With any luck, soon i've have it finnaly completed.

#5 Spike

Spike

Member v.1

• 63 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 12:52 PM

Two awesome things happened today. One, we got nearly a foot of snow. Two, my Hudson Jericho 941 arrived via UPS today. After a very, very long search, I finnaly own one of the highly sought after and rare 941 pistols made by Hudson to complete the Spike's Gun kit. The tip of the slide had to be painted orange in order to get past customs, i'll be using some plastic-safe paint thinner later if simply soaking it in warm water dosent take it off. Looks like some basic acrylic paint. First I have to decipher the instructions to figure out how to break down the gun and remove the slide. Pictures to follow tonight.

EDIT: Ok when I was finnaly ready to mess with it, I figured out pretty quickly how to break the gun down. It's actaully very simple, there's two subtle indicators on the slide and on the frame which just seem like regular detail, but you line them up and then you're able to remove the Slide Lock. Then you pull the slide back and then forward to take it off. After that you can easily remove the firing mechanism and that leaves the slide frame with all the delicate parts (I say delicate but it's all metal) taken out. I'll take pictures of the gun before I remove the paint, as well as pictures of the gun broken down since theres' very little documentation avilable online.

Edited by Spike, 19 December 2009 - 02:53 PM.

#6 Spike

Spike

Member v.1

• 63 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:27 AM

Alright here are a couple of quick pictures showing the gun and the breakdown before I remove the paint and clean it up. I might do a bit of weathering to edges on the slide and frame for an even more realistic look, however even with the orange slide the Hudson is a very very nice piece. I'll take more detailed and better quality pictures after I do what I mentioned above.

On a rather frustrating side note, it I only just realised that my kit is missing the little alan wrench that's used for securing the grip with the screws. Ontop of that all the ones I have are too big. I don't have any paint thinner that's safe for plastics so I have to go out to get that anyway. You know what they say, rain, sleet, snow, or a whole shitload of snow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Spike, 20 December 2009 - 02:31 AM.

#7 Spike

Spike

Member v.1

• 63 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:56 AM

So right now, what I am considering doing is sending the firing mechanism/barrell assembly off to have it custom machined out of metal. Although it looks like metal it's actaully plastic, no doubt because having it machined would drive up the cost of the gun even more.

Posted Image

#8 BobaFettSlave_1

BobaFettSlave_1

Machinist

• 2 posts
  • Interests:Guns, WWII, Film Props, Machine Tool

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:56 AM

Real great looking kit. Ive been looking for one of these conversion kits for a long time as well. cant wait to see this thing finished

Dana

#9 BobaFettSlave_1

BobaFettSlave_1

Machinist

• 2 posts
  • Interests:Guns, WWII, Film Props, Machine Tool

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:15 PM

Any update on this project?

#10 Spike

Spike

Member v.1

• 63 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:40 AM

I kind of forgot about this thread here. This is the final beauty shot of the completed piece, for now.

Posted Image

Edited by Spike, 14 August 2010 - 04:00 PM.

#11 Springs

Springs

I like UC

• 931 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, technology, Gundam, model kits, figures, art, drawing, mechanical stuff, video games, food.

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:00 AM

Sexy, sexy gun pr0n

#12 kuro41

kuro41

friendly neighborhood spiderman

• 2,353 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:11 AM

Looks cool, did you ever get the parts machined?
Posted Image

Horati of the Frost Hills said:

Kuro is God.

I'm totally brainwashing you into being a katoki fanatic XD

#13 Spike

Spike

Member v.1

• 63 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

View Postkuro41, on 13 August 2010 - 11:11 AM, said:

Looks cool, did you ever get the parts machined?

No, actaully. Either I was quoted for a ridiculous price, the machinist couldn't do that level of small detail, or didn't want to do anything remotely related to gun parts, model gun or otherwise.

I've gotten some feedback about it recently though, on another forum from a member there. He plans to machine a new magplate which matches the one from the show and asked about the barrel piece. It's something I can add at any time since the gun is so easy to break down, so I hope to have it done eventually.

You can see the magplate here. It's a smaller detail but it would make the piece more realistic, since the Hudson mag has holes on the bottom for refilling. I have a couple mags so I could have an accurate one on display and if I still wanted to plink around with it I could use one of the others.

Posted Image

#14 Spike

Spike

Member v.1

• 63 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:25 PM

Quarterly bump.  :lol:

If anyone reading this has been looking for one of these kits or a Jericho, you may have heard about the KWC airsoft. Up untill recently the now-defunct Hudson model was the only replica 941 on the market, but KWC is making a 941 now. The upside is that its licensed for sale here in the states by Cybergun, the downside is that as a result it has really cheap-looking screened trades. I got offered one for dirt cheap and it should get here this week, I plan to check it out to see if it can be used as a viable alternative for people who want one of these but can't get ahold of the Hudson. I'll be removing the orange barrel plug and screened trades.

Some quick pros/cons. The Hudson has more 'fun factor'. The KWC gun, unfortunatly, has a fixed non-moving slide. It's also Co2 powered but given how much of a pain it is to get the HFC134a gas that the Hudson uses that could be a good or a bad thing. Bad if you want to skirmish with it if you're into airsoft since it's too powerful. However, unlike the Hudson which is all ABS plastic, the KWC has an all-metal slide and barrel.

Edited by Spike, 21 May 2011 - 03:05 PM.

#15 Spike

Spike

Member v.1

• 63 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:59 PM

I don't know how many of you here are interested in this but I recieved the KWC Jericho to investigate it as a possible replacement for people unable to find the Hudson and wrote up my conclusions over here.

http://www.therpf.co...tml#post1565674

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users