• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 lexesbenz

lexesbenz

lexesbenz

• 1,217 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:05 PM

View PostKnight, on Jun 8 2009, 06:15 PM, said:

Hey WOW thanks for the info and great insperation on this. Do you have any clearer pics of the beast and what does he have on the rear behind the woman?

As for the build I am doing this OOB so no fancy I fixed it things from me.

Thanks
Knight

No I don't, but I can probably get some, John's a teacher so it might take me a few days, unless he has pictures of it already, let me see what i can come up with. Quick Edit. I did find a few more photos of it, I'll ask John for some more. Huh, I didn't even know I had this many photos of it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Guest_Knight_*

Guest_Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:35 PM

Thanks these pics are great. just what I wanted.
Your friend did a great job on his I hope I can do as well.
Man this thing is huge and Awesome to look at.

Thanks
Knight

#33 Guest_Knight_*

Guest_Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:08 PM

Hey guys just a quick note that I haven't been slacking off. I am working on the side structures and have the right one finished (pics to come). There are quite a few peices to these things and the instructions SUCK at showing where everything goes and even all the peices that is suposed to be put on. If anyone is inspired to go out and spend the $700 just be aware this IS a builders kit and not for the novice builder. I am going to build this monster in sections and then start the paint process so most of the pics will be in the black plastic for a while (or untill the bank approves my loan for the paint :lol: ). Rember hollar with any input or advice yall have. Always happy to hear from others.

Knight

#34 DI_Peter

DI_Peter

Master Masker

• 362 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:10 AM

Please make sure your barrel does'nt look like this one when assembled. I know it is like that for a reason (easier to transport kit in back of Pick-up truck), but this "cock-eyed" one really stands out, no offence to the builder, nice work, but that bent barrel can be see a mile away. (correction, 44 km away)

EDIT: OO NOOO, I'm starting to "rivit-count" !  The two large ladders at the rear could never have been welded to the rail cars, they would have broken off the first time this Beast was moved, or were they removable during transport ?
On another note; as I started to do alittle research from the start of this thread, I've been starting to wonder about the structural integrity of those two rear cranes for the ammo. From a Safety point of view, they scare the crap out of me, I would'nt go near them during operation.
There is the right way and wrong way to do something, If your not enjoying yourself, your not doing it right.
"Up The Irons" MB Canada

#35 daveonbass

daveonbass

no time for modeling...must troll!

• 2,201 posts
  • Interests:uh...models...?

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:38 AM

View PostDI_Peter, on Jun 14 2009, 01:10 AM, said:

Please make sure your barrel does'nt look like this one when assembled. I know it is like that for a reason (easier to transport kit in back of Pick-up truck), but this "cock-eyed" one really stands out, no offence to the builder, nice work, but that bent barrel can be see a mile away.

I second that.  I love this kit...in fact If I had the money I'd buy one...but I can't stand the droopy barrel.

#36 Guest_Knight_*

Guest_Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:06 PM

DI: The one in the pics here was probaly busted as a result of the move. If you look close it is not sitting on its tracks and the rear elevator is busted off. Also he is missing the barrel ring on the rear of the barrel. As for the barrel he has a bad glue joint where the droop has appeared, the barrel is in 2 sections then the breach unit, his is drooping at the second section. Mine is welded togeather really well as I saw this as a potential weak spot. BUT I do have to say that he did a realy good job on a very difficult kit that so many people only get part way thru. Also DI the se were to big to transport in one peice so they were broke down into several hundred pecies and assembled in the field by 2000 troops and the ammo elevators were connected to the gun platform not the rail cars and were quite strong as the shells weighed over a 1000 lbs each. So overall job well done. Now back to the grindstone.

Knight

#37 Guest_Knight_*

Guest_Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:11 PM

Ok folks several of you have asked so here is one completed rail car. I have about 8 hours in this thing with all the brake parts and all. sorry bout pic quality still learning the new camera.

Attached File  1242319580.JPG   96.96K   78 downloads

Attached File  1242319581.JPG   113.92K   60 downloads

Attached File  1242319582.JPG   97.44K   64 downloads

Attached File  1242319586.JPG   161.45K   82 downloads

Well there ya go.
Till next time
Knight

#38 youngtiger1

youngtiger1

• 19 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:07 PM

That is a big and expensive kit. We have a guy in our club that have build one of these monsters. The whole club is pitching in to work on a diorama for the thing. It suppose to have about 250 figures 25 other vehicles. The whole thing will be on two 8ft long table side by side. We are hopping to get the whole thing finish before the end of the year and display it in our next year model show.

Knight, please do take as many pic as possible during your build. It will be nice to see it being build.

Mike

#39 Guest_Knight_*

Guest_Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:12 PM

Well folks ya haven't heard much from me lately. I have been busy building the rest of the railcars and the right side of the gun mount. News for today is that I just ordered the decal set that IS a MUST for the giant so it will not look as naked as some that are out there. I ordered the decals from Nordland models out of the Czech republic at http://www.nordlandm...ra-railway-gun/ . They have a very detailed set for it. I feel that at $700.00 Metal troops should have taken the time to include a set with the kit, But oh well not the first mistake on this kit. I know I have said some negitive things here in the review of the kit but I do not regret for one moment the purchase of it. The look on everyones face when they walk into the model room and there she sits being built is PRICELESS !!!
I will do a mini review of the decals when they arrive untill then I will try to get some new pics to post of the progress.

Knight

#40 mortified_penguin

mortified_penguin

Classy Bastard

• 690 posts
  • Interests:Monocles, Ma.K and delusions of persecution.

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:32 AM

Awesome. You'd think that after almost a grand a pop, they could have thrown in two sheets of decals.  :rolleyes:

Edited by mortified_penguin, 18 September 2012 - 04:54 AM.

PC classics streamed daily. http://www.twitch.tv/mortified_penguin

#41 Knight

Knight

• 3 posts
  • Interests:Scale Modeling
    Fss
    Raido Controled aircraft
    Trains

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:32 PM

Well I am back and working on the monster more than ever. I received the decals from Nordland and I have to say WOW! 3 Sheets and very little carrier film about 500 or so decals to be applied. I will try to post some new pics soon.

Knight

#42 Puffer Fiz

Puffer Fiz

4dM1n

• 2,028 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:35 PM

View PostKnight, on 17 September 2009 - 09:32 PM, said:

Well I am back and working on the monster more than ever. I received the decals from Nordland and I have to say WOW! 3 Sheets and very little carrier film about 500 or so decals to be applied. I will try to post some new pics soon.

Knight

Man just think about 500 pieces of paper everywhere when you are done  :o
Posted Image

my terrible youtube videos

Finished Kits(old -> new):
RX-78 EZ8 (MG) +++++++++++++++++ Rick Dias "Black Comet" ++++++++++++++ MMS-01 Serpent++++++++++++++++1/6 Comic Party Chisa Tsukamoto+++++++++++
1/6 Causual Saber +++=====++++++++ T-62A Russian Tank ++++ooiii+++++++MG MSZ-006C1 Z-Plus +++++++++++++++++1/6 Monterhunter Archer
1/46 Bf109E-4/7 TROP ++++++++++++++++HGUC Sazabi +++=====++++oo==+++ 1/100 OverFlag+++======+++=pppp=+++ 1/35 M1A2 SEP Tank
HG RGM-79C++++++++++++++++yuuu+++++MG GN-X ++++++o+++++yuuu+++++FrameArms Type48
Current Project:
What ever I feel like working on

#43 Knight

Knight

• 3 posts
  • Interests:Scale Modeling
    Fss
    Raido Controled aircraft
    Trains

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hey folks I bet ya thought I was dead or at least the dora was. I am here and the dora is resting comfortably in her box for now. I had a Heart attack and my house was foreclosed on so I had to stop work on her until I get a place I can dig it back out and have room to work around it. I am hopeing  to get back to her soon tho. Please bear with me.

Knight

#44 mortified_penguin

mortified_penguin

Classy Bastard

• 690 posts
  • Interests:Monocles, Ma.K and delusions of persecution.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

Sorry to hear it man. Good to see you around at least. Hang in there.  :)
PC classics streamed daily. http://www.twitch.tv/mortified_penguin

#45 MarkW

MarkW

Plastic Surgeon v2

• 4,704 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

And I thought I had an excuse for not building recently...

Hope you are well, and get back on your feet.
MarkW

A shadow shall fall over the universe, and evil will grow in its path, and death will come from the skies

"I can cross stab Hitler to death off the list of cool crap I thought I'd never do"
--Brock Sampson

Posted Image
Gamera's Mecha/Figure model board

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users