1/100 VP Nu Gundam ver. Extra-Fit, Test-type color (Pink!!!)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:15 PM

Hi all,

This is the 1/100 scale Nu Gundam, Extra-Fit version, from Vicious Project.  It's a SMS recast, and full kit which means it technically does not need a MG Nu Gundam.  Anyway this is the first full resin kit I've built and although I mourn the lack of articulation (I did have a MG Nu on hand but only ended up using its v-fin and the funnels) in the end I don't think I mind the standing-still pose that much.  In fact, with the additional weight of the bazooka and backpack, both of which are full heavy resin, not to mention the funnels, I don't think the MG Nu frames would've supported the mech for long.

The color scheme is mostly from the SMS sample pics except for the shield and the fin funnels.  I actually enjoyed being creative on using the pink on white and decided to test my creativity on the shield and the funnels, mostly to good result imho.  The colors are inspired from GundamEFSF's VP Hi Nu HWS.  I know that some ppl have a problem with him using a 3rd party for his works but nevertheless the artist he hires does a beautiful job on the commissions.  Throughout this project I had my reservations about using the orange-pink as the 2ndary base color, but I think the overall work didn't turn out too bad.  In fact this work is my 3rd favorite now (behind only my VP Hi Nu and GMG Zeta) and I plan to keep it on my desktop for some time :)

Anyway here are the pics, enjoy!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
My Updated Gunpla Sale (updated 9-24-2011)

MY RX-78-2 Artillery Custom WIP

Click on images below to see my Finished Works:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:17 PM

also, a preview of my next project.... MG Gyan type Gladiator:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 MechaWyvern

MechaWyvern

• 41 posts
  • Interests:Gundam, mecha, Battlestar Galactica, Battletech, Anime, Movies, Music-Metal

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

Wow, that looks great from where I'm at.
WIP: Zeta Plus C1

#4 JLYC

JLYC

Member v.5

• 938 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:34 PM

the paint job is impeccable!!!

the pose of the legs is a bit stiff (toes pointed slightly outwards may be better) but it's really a nit-picking.

always nice to see non-canon colors :)

#5 Deku

Deku

error

• 1,272 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:36 PM

Interesting color scheme. I love the color separations you have; especially on the shield. So when you say this is your third favorite, does this mean that your favorite isn't the Wing??  :P

#6 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:45 PM

interestingly, all the wings are tied for the 5th spots, after the 1. VP Hi Nu, 2. GMG Zeta 3. Nu Extra-Fit and 4. VP Strike Noir.  I am never completely satisfied with the Wing ver ka. that I build... I suppose thats why I keep building them.  I have 3 more planned in various stages and I suspect I will like none of them completely :)

#7 whitedragon17

whitedragon17

Member v.4

• 571 posts
  • Interests:Mecha, RPGs

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

I like the subtle pink (unlike the revolting neon pink I saw some one do once for another gundam  :o ) color scheme. Great job.

The Gyan looks like it'll turn out great.

"If any of you are charmed, rest assured I will dedicate myself into kicking your asses until you get better." - Aschen, SRWOG Saga

Mk. II
Posted Image

#8 Hero

Hero

Morally Good But Ambitiously Blind

• 1,729 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:31 PM

I LOVE that shade! Please tell me the approximate mix you used.

On other note, the white looks a bit yellowish. You can see the difference in the rear shot with the funnels. I might have gone with a cleaner white, but it still looks awesome nonetheless. Good job.
If you're poking around and asking how to do this and that, here's my advice: Just try it. And when you inevitably fail, don't blame it on anyone. Learn from it and improve the next time around because honestly that's the fastest and surest way to get good at this craft or just about anything else for that matter.

Fail Harder.

#9 Cactus

Cactus

Member v.5

• 843 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:53 PM

Lovely red, it's more like a faded red yet still vibrant. Color scheme is pretty cool as well. I've been thinking about those kind of designs since they just look cool. Also, Wing Ka. isn't your favorite? :o

#10 ucangler

ucangler

The Royal Wulff Fly

• 2,844 posts
  • Interests:UC mobile S.U.I.Ts (1/144 scale)

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:02 PM

i said wow like 5 times in a row seeing this. Colors chosen took some guts to do and it paid off big time IMO. I dont think i ever would have tried those colors. I like the random patterns a lot doest look like a plain old nu. Im not used to the proportions though. Well done.

Cant wait for the Gyan. What's the ETA on that?

#11 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:16 PM

DarkAge: the pink is a mix of tamiya acrylic orange and pink and white.  Basically I took some pink, kept adding drops of orange until I got the desired shade, than added a bit of white to lighten the mix.  As for the white, actually the yellowish white is a deliberate effect.  Usually when I paint white I use a custom batch of white + a couple drops of light blue, but on this mech I made a batch of white + beige.  When I stand this kit next to my VP Hi Nu, you can really tell the difference :)

ucangler: I'm waiting for custom metal spikes, and when those arrive and after a couple mods I'm gonna start painting this kit.  Should be pretty simple work.  I think it will be a base of dark blue with purple, white and yellow highlights like the crossbone gundam X2. :)

thx all for the positive comments!

#12 ucangler

ucangler

The Royal Wulff Fly

• 2,844 posts
  • Interests:UC mobile S.U.I.Ts (1/144 scale)

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:05 PM

what do you use to secure the extra weapons on the mech?

#13 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:20 PM

if you mean how did I secure the 3 weapons on the back of the Gyan, the holders are actually Wing ver ka.'s shield attachments :)  I just added a slight putty padding to each so they can hold the weapons snugly.

#14 electric_indigo

electric_indigo

Laser Brain

• 3,031 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:37 AM

I think it qualifies as Man Salmon [TM]. I personally would have liked to see the yellow bits with maybe light grey, but this is outstanding work nonetheless.

Posted Image

This build is approved by Sonny Crockett
Posted Image

#15 Althena

Althena

Less posting, more building

• 501 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:12 AM

Absolutely wonderful work beertax! I really like the color scheme, original but not silly. Great shade of pink/salmon and I like the sneak peek of your Gyan. :3

Posted Image
.: we love you :.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users