Official Five Star Stories news/discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
1121 replies to this topic

#1111 TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral

• 27 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

C'mon man, where's your modeling spirit? :D

Worst case, just mold the face mask and make a few castings to work on so as to preserve the original. Given what I've seen and read from the IMS kits, they require some actual modeling skill to finish properly due to some sketchy details and fit issues so a tiny bit of re-working on the face mask shouldn't be a huge factor.

#1112 fsskog

fsskog

• 48 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:46 AM

Actually, I find the lips on the terror to be wicked.  I will even like a tongue sticking out.  Perhaps that will be Decors' MH.  Suit him.  Why not?  But well, just individual preference.

By the way, I am selling some FSS originals and recasts in the trading section.  I have some eva kits as well.  Please check it out!

Edited by fsskog, 08 July 2014 - 04:48 AM.

#1113 Amaterasu

Amaterasu

T-T-T-Ta-Ta-Tallllgeeeese!

• 3,858 posts
  • Interests:Shit be gettin' real, now yo!

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

*scratches chin*

Innnnteresting kit.

I don't like the crazy grin, either.  But maybe it gives it character, and I think that they would include vented type mask.

Looking for:

MG GP 01 : Face / Head

#1114 KOG

KOG

The King in Yellow

• The Mods
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:24 PM

I prefer it with the grin, personally. Isn't that how it showed up in the manga? With the grin?

#1115 Zip

Zip

Member v.2

• 111 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

Very high-res and detailed images of the Terror from WonFes:

Spoiler

Looks like it comes with an optional facemask to hide the grin.  The face with the face mask looks really weird though.  Not thin enough.  I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too...  Do you guys think this will reuse any part of the frame from the LED Mirage?

#1116 ledmirageb4

ledmirageb4

Member v.4

• 707 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:50 AM

WOW WOW, this terror mirage looks hella good. Thanks for sharing.

#1117 KOG

KOG

The King in Yellow

• The Mods
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

Yep... I will need to buy one of those.

Still can't get over how much better these old designs look, compared to the new GTM style stuff...

#1118 Zip

Zip

Member v.2

• 111 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostKOG, on 28 July 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

Still can't get over how much better these old designs look, compared to the new GTM style stuff...

I think I finally understand where Gothicmade comes from- it's Nagano's latest challenge for the GK sculptors, and he purposely made them as frail and ugly as possible so that not only would they be utter hell to sculpt and cast, but they wouldn't sell well either to dedicated fans. It's like a cruel joke, and for even Akira Tani to call it challenging, he may very well have succeeded. Maybe that's why he gave permission to Volks to make the IMS line- because he'd already given up on protecting his old designs by then.

#1119 KOG

KOG

The King in Yellow

• The Mods
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

I don't mind skinny and frail looking. I love the Yen Xing and Jagd Mirage. But the GTM stuff is just something else... some of the designs are, dare I say it, just ugly. The weird body proportions with odd elbow and knee joints don't help, especially with the arms held way out at the sides. And why tiny shoulders on everything??? Most of the designs look so.... bottom heavy.

And if these were new designs from a new faction, it would be one thing... but replacing all the classic designs with this unpleasant looking stuff? No thanks... I'll just pretend FSS ended a while back and this new storyline is.... something else.

I WILL be curious to see if IMS series tackles some of the new designs. But I'd prefer they stick with the old stuff. Ashura Temple, Auge, Clouds Schatze, A Toll, Junchoon/Engage series, and Siren A/D/F please!

#1120 electric_indigo

electric_indigo

Laser Brain

• 3,002 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:32 PM

IMS Rouge Mirage plz!
Posted Image

#1121 KOG

KOG

The King in Yellow

• The Mods
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

How about a Luminous Mirage as a slightly more practical and likely choice?

Would like to see more Mirage machines in general.

#1122 Zip

Zip

Member v.2

• 111 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:26 PM

Someone sold a Gothicmade GK as well at C3, probably the first kit from the new designs:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users