Official Five Star Stories news/discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
1137 replies to this topic

#1126 inferno402

inferno402

The purest form of evil

• 144 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:34 AM

Honestly they look like some one went and warped all the pieces an when they realized they messed up they decided to call it abstract art.

Its a crime against modeling.

#1127 Zip

Zip

Member v.2

• 122 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

New pic of IMS Terror from recent Volks Magazine, we can see the back now.  Also looks like it includes a Beyond Seeker (Funnel Cameras).

http://red.ap.teacup.../1410532298.jpg

#1128 KOG

KOG

The King in Yellow

• The Mods
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

The difference between a classic design like this and the new GTM stuff is just shocking. It's like it's not even from the same artist.

Can't wait to pick up a copy of the Terror kit.

#1129 Zip

Zip

Member v.2

• 122 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

Just a random thought, but what are the chances that we'll ever get kits of the power armors or drone units?  Like the one pictured here.

Attached Files

Edited by Zip, 28 September 2014 - 09:58 PM.

#1130 Zip

Zip

Member v.2

• 122 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:34 AM

Now here's a steal of a deal- Mandarake has an original Volks 1/35 KOG 3100 w/ Buster Launcher for only $200.  Someone here needs to do this majestic kit justice:

http://ekizo.mandara..._s-1846692.html

#1131 Zip

Zip

Member v.2

• 122 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:24 AM

So Volks Hobby Round 12 just happened, which means quite a bit of new stuff.

Finalized colors of IMS Terror:

Posted Image
Posted Image

And 1/144 IMS A-Toll Swans, which thankfully hasn't been cancelled:

Posted Image
Posted Image

And some other interesting pieces of information:

-A Dollfie of Christine V in the works?
-Kit in development of the Gothicmade "Catherine" (I assume they mean the Kaiserin, which is the Empress Flame retcon from the movie) that is "neither plastic or resin" (calling it now- it's either papercraft or glass :P)

Edited by Zip, 19 October 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#1132 DecoRs

DecoRs

Mortar Noob

• The Mods
  • 3,814 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:32 PM

More from HR 12

https://www.flickr.c...tos/bat_/page1/

#1133 electric_indigo

electric_indigo

Laser Brain

• 3,023 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:43 AM

Love that A-Toll.
Posted Image

#1134 ledmirageb4

ledmirageb4

Member v.4

• 720 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:57 AM

I agree, that a-toll looks hella good. I bet its very hard to build one of these IMS kits from volks. Has anyone built one on hobbyfanatics.

#1135 KOG

KOG

The King in Yellow

• The Mods
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:10 AM

Terror Mirage and A-Toll look great.

I really hope they upscale the A-Toll for release in 1/100 later on though.

#1136 Zip

Zip

Member v.2

• 122 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:03 AM

View Postledmirageb4, on 23 October 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

I bet its very hard to build one of these IMS kits from volks. Has anyone built one on hobbyfanatics.
I'm in the process of it and have only test-fitted the Vatshu and Schpeltor so far.  They're actually not that much below Bandai when it comes to part separation and molding, outright surpassing them in many areas.  The engineering is a problem simply because they're very partsy, articulated glue-kits.  Schpeltor for example, is a kit comparable to Nu ver Ka without the Funnels as far as parts count and complexity was concerned.  The problem is, gluing tiny-ass parts on so that they're properly aligned, not to mention crucial joints, is rather complex and does require a bit of planning.  Almost as bad as free-pose resin kits.  It means little to no masking though, which I greatly prefer.  But the wow factor at building the kits and seeing the detail make them comparable to MG's for me and surpass Kotobukiya already.

I haven't built the Wave FSS kits yet, but they look more straightforward to glue together, even if it means more seams and masking to work with.

#1137 ledmirageb4

ledmirageb4

Member v.4

• 720 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:37 PM

View PostZip, on 23 October 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

I bet its very hard to build one of these IMS kits from volks. Has anyone built one on hobbyfanatics.
I'm in the process of it and have only test-fitted the Vatshu and Schpeltor so far.  They're actually not that much below Bandai when it comes to part separation and molding, outright surpassing them in many areas.  The engineering is a problem simply because they're very partsy, articulated glue-kits.  Schpeltor for example, is a kit comparable to Nu ver Ka without the Funnels as far as parts count and complexity was concerned.  The problem is, gluing tiny-ass parts on so that they're properly aligned, not to mention crucial joints, is rather complex and does require a bit of planning.  Almost as bad as free-pose resin kits.  It means little to no masking though, which I greatly prefer.  But the wow factor at building the kits and seeing the detail make them comparable to MG's for me and surpass Kotobukiya already.

I haven't built the Wave FSS kits yet, but they look more straightforward to glue together, even if it means more seams and masking to work with.

Wow, I didn't know glue was needed for IMS 1/100 FSS kits. I bought all the wave 1/144 kits from hlj.com and have it in my garage now. I haven't opened the boxes to check them out but hopefully those kits are not as hard as it seem to be. But if it doesn't need to mask or just less masking , that would be good. Hopefully I can start on the kits soon. I am going to look for my bottle of tamiya cement for plastics so I can start messing around with these kits. But I also have a 1/220 gundam kit to work on. I just love to work on small kits. Saves alot of primer and paint when you get to that process. Has anyone finish the led mirage inferno 1/100 ims kit from volks?

#1138 inferno402

inferno402

The purest form of evil

• 144 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:12 AM

View Postledmirageb4, on 24 October 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

View PostZip, on 23 October 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

Wow, I didn't know glue was needed for IMS 1/100 FSS kits. I bought all the wave 1/144 kits from hlj.com and have it in my garage now. I haven't opened the boxes to check them out but hopefully those kits are not as hard as it seem to be. But if it doesn't need to mask or just less masking , that would be good. Hopefully I can start on the kits soon. I am going to look for my bottle of tamiya cement for plastics so I can start messing around with these kits. But I also have a 1/220 gundam kit to work on. I just love to work on small kits. Saves alot of primer and paint when you get to that process. Has anyone finish the led mirage inferno 1/100 ims kit from volks?

yup I'm just about ready to do the panel lining and painting assembly is more or less done. its a beast of a kit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users