AmiAmi new shipping cost

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 mecharine

mecharine

MechMarine

• 759 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:56 PM

AmiAmi is now shipping SAL, unregistered, with no handling fees to United States, basically matching the cheaper shipping options like HLJ. Get'er done!.
Currently WIP
VF-25G MechMarine Custom
HG GNX-III

#2 ahaiko

ahaiko

• 36 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:25 AM

Thanks for the heads up - that is good news. I have purchased from them a few times, and they are really easy to deal with.

#3 whitedragon17

whitedragon17

Member v.4

• 571 posts
  • Interests:Mecha, RPGs

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:05 AM

Great for single purchases, or any list under 2 kg if you are in no hurry to get it. Always did find the prices of the items agreeable, but shipping cost and constant out of stock status deterred me.

"If any of you are charmed, rest assured I will dedicate myself into kicking your asses until you get better." - Aschen, SRWOG Saga

Mk. II
Posted Image

#4 alfafa

alfafa

• 4 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:38 AM

The "nO handling" fee is worldwide actually. Just pre ordered my 1/144 Avalanche Dash Exia. It went under 2200Y with shipping!!

#5 Derringer

Derringer

GunPla Nurse

• 2,314 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:40 PM

It just sucks that they don't have anything before 2000.
Live in the U.S.? Want your local anime/hobby store to sell Gundam Models? Have them contact us! www.bluefincorp.com We're the official U.S. Distributor for gundam models and collectibles by Bandai!

www.twitter.com/TamashiiNations www.facebook.com/Tamashii.USA

GUNPLA MODEL KIT WORLD CUP 2014 LOCATIONS AND DATES
Anime Central, Chicago, Illinois May 16-18 |A-Kon, Dallas, Texas, June 6 – June 8|
Anime Expo Los Angeles, CA July 3-6 | Otakon Baltimore, MD Aug 8 -10 |New York Comic Con, New York Oct 9th – 12th

#6 TMBounty_Hunter

TMBounty_Hunter

Tall, Russian-looking guy

• 5,326 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

Seems amiami also has some more discounts going

http://www.amiami.jp...tml&set=english

#7 mecharine

mecharine

MechMarine

• 759 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:30 AM

That discount only counts towards SAL Parcel , right? So it really is only a discount on large items.
Currently WIP
VF-25G MechMarine Custom
HG GNX-III

#8 Eltia

Eltia

Don't come any closer... I'll bite!

• 3,880 posts
  • Interests:Gundams, Zoids, Armored Cores.

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:17 PM

View PostTMBounty_Hunter, on 15 June 2010 - 10:50 AM, said:

Seems amiami also has some more discounts going

http://www.amiami.jp...tml&set=english

Mr. Wallet is crying! >"<

#9 shenphong

shenphong

Member v.4

• 587 posts
  • Interests:Gunpla, Plamo, Kit Bash, Motorcycles :), bicycling,

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:26 AM

Anyone place an order with them recently for their SAL campaign?  I placed an order and got an invoice the next night but was still charged EMS anyways while I had opted for SAL following there directions.  Hope they correct it.  My item is fairly small but I guess to big for the small packet SAL, still I would not want to pay more than my item with EMS which comes out to be about 400 yen more then the item I purchased.

#10 Hero

Hero

Morally Good But Ambitiously Blind

• 1,728 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:18 AM

Well, what did you buy. If it's not that small, send them an email. They don't auto-correct (sorry for being obvious).

Most of the stuff I want is released in July. Although there's some good June releases, I'm trying to hold back as much as I can.
If you're poking around and asking how to do this and that, here's my advice: Just try it. And when you inevitably fail, don't blame it on anyone. Learn from it and improve the next time around because honestly that's the fastest and surest way to get good at this craft or just about anything else for that matter.

Fail Harder.

#11 shenphong

shenphong

Member v.4

• 587 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

Picked up a Zaku Mine Layer MG.  The problem is I read through the details and it mentioned that there would be no worries and that they will automatically move you up to SAL (their promotion) if you went ahead and picked small SAL and it did not fit.

From their site:

"You don't even have to worry about your parcel's size or weight when placing an order - just choose SAL Small Packet Registered or Unregistered and we will do the rest! When your items arrive in stock if we find that they are too large or heavy to be shipped by Small Packet we will simply process your order as a SAL Parcel shipment and send you the completed shipping price on your final invoice!"

Hopefully they'll get back to me about it but just wanted to check if anyone else was running into this problem or if they were getting their items automatically updated with SAL for larger items.

#12 TMBounty_Hunter

TMBounty_Hunter

Tall, Russian-looking guy

• 5,326 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:55 AM

I placed my order like 2 days ago but still didn't get even the automatic confirmation >_>

That should happen automatically, even for pre-orders. It did last time I ordered with them.

#13 shenphong

shenphong

Member v.4

• 587 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

So I received my reply about SAL tonite and they said that because EMS is cheaper then SAL, they upgraded me to SAL.  EMS would be about 3250 yen where as SAL would be near 4000 yen for one smallish-med. sized MG Zaku.  Anyone ever seen anything like that?  I've ordered a lot from hlj, rainbow 10, hobbysearch, and amiami in the past and this is the first time I've been charged like that for SAL for one MG kit.  Definitely makes me think twice about ordering from ami ami now even with their discounts.

#14 Eltia

Eltia

Don't come any closer... I'll bite!

• 3,880 posts
  • Interests:Gundams, Zoids, Armored Cores.

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:55 AM

View Postshenphong, on 16 June 2010 - 08:42 PM, said:

So I received my reply about SAL tonite and they said that because EMS is cheaper then SAL, they upgraded me to SAL.  EMS would be about 3250 yen where as SAL would be near 4000 yen for one smallish-med. sized MG Zaku.  Anyone ever seen anything like that?  I've ordered a lot from hlj, rainbow 10, hobbysearch, and amiami in the past and this is the first time I've been charged like that for SAL for one MG kit.  Definitely makes me think twice about ordering from ami ami now even with their discounts.

That's normal... SAL is more restricted in size.  So if your item runs over a certain size, you have to pay penalty.

#15 shenphong

shenphong

Member v.4

• 587 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:05 AM

I definitely know that now, I didn't realize one MG from amiami would run it so much, not being a large MG kit or anything.  HLJ mentions 1480 yen for the kit shipping and r10 quoted me 1390 yen for the kit, which is why I was so blown away by amiami's total.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users