Sonic Screwdriver with IR remote

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tetsujin

tetsujin

三面図流の初段

• 3,986 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:51 PM

About a year ago I modified a Character Options Sonic Screwdriver (9th/10th Doctor version) to include animated blinkenlights and an IR remote control (TV-B-Gone-type functionality)...  At the time the project was a surprise for a friend of mine who was getting his PhD so I didn't want to post too many details of the project until I could get it to him.  It took me a while, but I've finally gotten around to posting some photos of the project.  I don't have anything of the finished project (at least, I haven't found any yet) but the photos should give you a good idea of how the thing went together.

IR Sonic Screwdriver
---GEC
If you want something done right...
My website: http://scope-eye.net

#2 tetsujin

tetsujin

三面図流の初段

• 3,986 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

View Posteagletransporter.com, on 08 February 2011 - 05:13 AM, said:

heheh awesome, im torn between making one of these or a harry potter wand for my nephews, im leaning towards the sonic screwdriver now though :-)

Thinkgeek sells a motion-controlled "magic wand" remote control...  Pretty fun idea IMO.
---GEC

#3 Kawowoi

Kawowoi

• 48 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

A very cool idea! :P
null

#4 dudfirst

dudfirst

• 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

You could always try implementing the same functions as one of those ninja remotes in certain places on the sonic screwdriver. That could be coolish.
The most powerful herbs for making medicinal tea are Hibiscus, ginger root, Ginkgo Biloba and Goji Berry. They all taste great once extracted in hot water.

#5 tetsujin

tetsujin

三面図流の初段

• 3,986 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

View Postdudfirst, on 12 June 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

You could always try implementing the same functions as one of those ninja remotes in certain places on the sonic screwdriver. That could be coolish.

I don't really want to put IR emitters on other locations on the screwdriver besides the tip.  The whole point of modifying a sonic to include something like this is so I can point the sonic at something and actually make something happen.  If I were to hide the emitter somewhere other than the sonic's front end, or make the IR emitters work when the sonic isn't making its sound effects and such, then there'd be no point in having it in a sonic screwdriver...
---GEC

#6 DJ-brony

DJ-brony

• 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

i gotten myself the ninth/tenth doctors sonic screwdriver it works like a charm but it lacks wonders :/

#7 luna247

luna247

• 20 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

Cool idea

I just found this post for a long time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users