1/100 B-club Gundam Sandrock

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Amaterasu

Amaterasu

T-T-T-Ta-Ta-Tallllgeeeese!

• 3,879 posts
  • Interests:Shit be gettin' real, now yo!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:15 PM

It's personal preference:  the kit is great if you want a TV accurate design.  Speaking of that, how's your 1/144 doing, Tet?  Seems as though a full scratch build is basically needed for that said ugly.  

Still waitin' on that review!

Looking for:

MG GP 01 : Face / Head

#17 tetsujin

tetsujin

三面図流の初段

• 3,989 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:12 AM

View PostAmaterasu, on 22 July 2011 - 08:15 PM, said:

Speaking of that, how's your 1/144 doing, Tet?  Seems as though a full scratch build is basically needed for that said ugly.  

I haven't worked on it in a while.  But that project was based on the theory that, although we tend to assume the 1:144 Sandrock is ugly all the way through, actually it's just a few key areas that are badly messed up, throwing the rest off...  I think I was successful in correcting the look of the kit, though there's still quite a bit of work left to do even to get it to a paintable state.
---GEC
If you want something done right...
My website: http://scope-eye.net

#18 Amaterasu

Amaterasu

• 3,879 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:24 AM

View Posttetsujin, on 24 July 2011 - 09:12 AM, said:

Speaking of that, how's your 1/144 doing, Tet?  Seems as though a full scratch build is basically needed for that said ugly.  

I haven't worked on it in a while.  But that project was based on the theory that, although we tend to assume the 1:144 Sandrock is ugly all the way through, actually it's just a few key areas that are badly messed up, throwing the rest off...  I think I was successful in correcting the look of the kit, though there's still quite a bit of work left to do even to get it to a paintable state.
So the 1/144 is not a lost cause?  Oh, I'm dyin' for an update!

Looking for:

#19 tetsujin

tetsujin

三面図流の初段

• 3,989 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

View PostAmaterasu, on 25 July 2011 - 10:24 AM, said:

View Posttetsujin, on 24 July 2011 - 09:12 AM, said:

So the 1/144 is not a lost cause?  Oh, I'm dyin' for an update!

Maybe I'll get back to it sometime this year...  Last update was about three years ago - Since then I've properly mounted the arms to the torso so they're not hanging off the backpack anymore.  :)  But otherwise it's pretty much as it was then.
---GEC
If you want something done right...
My website: http://scope-eye.net

#20 Derringer

Derringer

GunPla Nurse

• 2,320 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:27 PM

View PostAmaterasu, on 20 July 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

Bandai must have thought that the sale of the 1/144 kit was too low to warrent making a 1/100 mold of said design.  I doubt that age would have fans appreciate said ugly more than before.  

That's not necessarily true.  They look to the popularity of the mecha and its pilot.  There wouldn't be enough sales data at the time to use the 1/144 kit as a reference if the 1/100 model were to come within a few months and still be relevant to the tv show.
Live in the U.S.? Want your local anime/hobby store to sell Gundam Models? Have them contact us! www.bluefincorp.com We're the official U.S. Distributor for gundam models and collectibles by Bandai!

www.twitter.com/TamashiiNations www.facebook.com/Tamashii.USA

GUNPLA MODEL KIT WORLD CUP 2014 LOCATIONS AND DATES
Anime Central, Chicago, Illinois May 16-18 |A-Kon, Dallas, Texas, June 6 – June 8|
Anime Expo Los Angeles, CA July 3-6 | Otakon Baltimore, MD Aug 8 -10 |New York Comic Con, New York Oct 9th – 12th

#21 jp554731

jp554731

TBS SASUKE Junkie

• 1,674 posts
  • Location:California, The Bay, Union city home of the James Logan Highschool Marching band and Windsymphony
  • Interests:SASUKE/ Gunpla

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:03 AM

would you mind recasting the v fin? I'll pay you for it. I might be getting an SR2 in the mail soon. thanks

Wesker's Samurai Edge M92F-C/ S.E.06 Work in Progress

http://www.hobbyfana...ge-m92f-c-se06/

#22 Amaterasu

Amaterasu

• 3,879 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:08 AM

View PostDerringer, on 25 July 2011 - 10:27 PM, said:

View PostAmaterasu, on 20 July 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

Bandai must have thought that the sale of the 1/144 kit was too low to warrent making a 1/100 mold of said design.  I doubt that age would have fans appreciate said ugly more than before.  

That's not necessarily true.  They look to the popularity of the mecha and its pilot.  There wouldn't be enough sales data at the time to use the 1/144 kit as a reference if the 1/100 model were to come within a few months and still be relevant to the tv show.
So... perhaps Quatre was not popular ?  I dunno !!! I remember many a rabid screaming fangirl for Quatre-sama.  Can you shed some light as to why this never took off as a full plastic kit?  

Looking for:

#23 Nightmare of Solomon

Nightmare of Solomon

• 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

The Box is really classy...the raity of this thing is mind boggling

#24 Blingsoo

Blingsoo

• 18 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:26 AM

recasts please!!! I'd pay for the whole thing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users