No one Buying these DAMN gundams!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Derringer

Derringer

GunPla Nurse

• 2,306 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

The 1/100 line was increasingly becoming close to the MG line in terms of basic features and price. The first season's 1/100 kits were arguably better than many MG kits in terms of price, but by the end of season 2 the cost was quickly approaching that to MG kit levels. The 1/100 00 Raiser is 5000 yen, which is deep into the price range for a lot of MG kits. It seems that with rising costs, the starting price for a 1/100 Gundam Age model would be somewhere at 2800 to 3200 yen. We know now the MG Age is at most only 700 yen away, which would make a non MG line in the same scale with essentially the same set of features pointless both for the consumer and for Bandai to pursue.
Live in the U.S.? Want your local anime/hobby store to sell Gundam Models? Have them contact us! www.bluefincorp.com We're the official U.S. Distributor for gundam models and collectibles by Bandai!

www.twitter.com/TamashiiNations www.facebook.com/Tamashii.USA

GUNPLA MODEL KIT WORLD CUP 2013 LOCATIONS AND DATES
Sakura-Con Seattle, WA Mar 29-31| Anime Central, Chicago, Illinois May 17-19 |A-Kon, Dallas, Texas, May 31 – June 2|
Anime Expo Los Angeles, CA July 4-7 | Otakon Baltimore, MD Aug 9 -11 |New York Comic Con, New York Oct 10th – 13th

#17 MSN-06S Sinanju

MSN-06S Sinanju

The Red Comet

• 114 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostJedi_scum, on 05 April 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

View PostKiske, on 03 April 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

$100 doesn't go very far with painting services and commissions IMO. Most 1/100 commissioned MG's go for around 2-300 depending on the amount of TLC given. I'm sure there are a few instances when you can find a builder taking lower offers.

@ SINANJU

See? Didnt I tell you that my off was great. =) but oh wells. lol

I dont have cash D: Thats just it i need trade :P

#18 Kiske

Kiske

• 2,015 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

The rather blunt point they are trying to make is that to any modeler whom is into gunpla, (and reletivly good enough to preform a impressive looking commissions,) the said kits you are trying to trade aren't worth much more than scrap parts. Most of the kits on your list already have a MG or better release, to a modeler (or IMO) I wouldn't want a HG when there is a MG out for the most part. We all have stashes of kits ourselves.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Bust most kits are cheap enough where if we wanted them, we would have bought them. Example to me the 1/100 HG Aile Strike is worth $5. I likely would never build it so it would just be resold. We spend $300 average on resins and option parts per build. Buying a kit that cost around $20 new isn't worth much unless we really want to build THAT kit. The only eception to this is if said kit/design isn't available in a better grade.

A bit harsh, but you should now know why.

#19 hummingbird

hummingbird

Member v.3

• 354 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

Can you wait ? I won't get paid until the end of April.. Or maybe even longer .. .... I would very much like to take all those gundams... sorry to ask this but I am interested ... I just went and checked your thread ... for 100 USD ( which is only 80+ in GBP ), that seems like a treasure trove of spare parts and joints for me .... feel free to PM me ...
Posted Image

#20 kylew

kylew

Plamo UK

• 199 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

View Posthummingbird, on 07 April 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

Can you wait ? I won't get paid until the end of April.. Or maybe even longer .. .... I would very much like to take all those gundams... sorry to ask this but I am interested ... I just went and checked your thread ... for 100 USD ( which is only 80+ in GBP ), that seems like a treasure trove of spare parts and joints for me .... feel free to PM me ...

£80+?! It's barely £60.  :blink:

Edited by kylew, 07 April 2012 - 02:36 PM.

Posted Image

#21 hummingbird

hummingbird

Member v.3

• 354 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

View Postkylew, on 07 April 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

View Posthummingbird, on 07 April 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

80+?! It's barely 60.  :blink:

oh.. that's even better ..... how nice
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users