Sprue Trees?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 checksum

checksum

• 12 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hi,
Im new here.  I am looking for ANY old sprue tree's you might have leftover after completing  your kits.  I am looking into building a Borg cube and I need LOTS of sprue trees.  
So if you have a bunch of it and want to get rid of it please contact me.  
Matt

#2 Horati of the Frost Hills

Horati of the Frost Hills

OMG A FROST GIANT

• 344 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

I have a few.

#3 Eltia

Eltia

Don't come any closer... I'll bite!

• 3,880 posts
  • Interests:Gundams, Zoids, Armored Cores.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Who covers shipping?

#4 checksum

checksum

• 12 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

View PostEltia, on 11 April 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

Who covers shipping?
I would be more than happy to pay for shipping.  As long as you accept paypal...

#5 Squee

Squee

Ever the obvious...

• 460 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

LOL i just recycled a bag full of almost 1000 runners.
Posted Image

#6 kajnrig

kajnrig

Committed Member

• 1,812 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

1,000? How'd you accrue all of that? I'd hate to imagine all that got tossed out in the time it took you to amass such an impressive collection...

#7 checksum

checksum

• 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

If anyone has anything that they want to donate They should PM me.  Like I said, I'd be more than happy to pay the shipping as long as its a decent amount.

#8 Eltia

Eltia

• 3,880 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

Here is a suggestion.  How about for each city, you find someone who is willing to donate sprue trees, have him collect sprues from his region and send them to you in a batch?

You can setup a homepage (or Twitter / FB page) to inform people what you are doing with the sprue trees, and show them WIP / results.

Edited by Eltia, 12 April 2012 - 11:19 AM.

#9 cooliooonesss

cooliooonesss

Member v.1

• 72 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Im willing to donate my sprues. I saved up all my sprues after i realized i could use them for SB'ing, but i dont need them that much.

#10 checksum

checksum

• 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

elita,
If I did that on twitter how do I get people to notice?  Do I have to make some posts with the hashtags Borg, Sprue Tree, models, hobby and then anyone who is following these hashtags will see what Im doing and follow?  Just wondering if thats how to do it?

Im not planning on just slapping a bunch of Sprue tree's on either.  They just happen to make up the largest bulk of materials...
Also, the best sprue would be ones with at least some parts still left in.

Edited by checksum, 12 April 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#11 Squee

Squee

Ever the obvious...

• 460 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

View Postkajnrig, on 12 April 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

1,000? How'd you accrue all of that? I'd hate to imagine all that got tossed out in the time it took you to amass such an impressive collection...

I wanted to piss off my recycling guy. Everytime i finished a kit, i'd put all the leftover runners in a bag in my front celler. I ended up w/ almost 2 bags full. It's really built up. :lol:
Posted Image

#12 Eltia

Eltia

• 3,880 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

View Postchecksum, on 12 April 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

elita,
If I did that on twitter how do I get people to notice?  Do I have to make some posts with the hashtags Borg, Sprue Tree, models, hobby and then anyone who is following these hashtags will see what Im doing and follow?  Just wondering if thats how to do it?

Im not planning on just slapping a bunch of Sprue tree's on either.  They just happen to make up the largest bulk of materials...
Also, the best sprue would be ones with at least some parts still left in.
Well you can advertise here (as well as other hobby related websites).  If you look under Local Hobby Shops, Clubs and Conventions, some regions / cities have their own threads.  4chan /toys/ has a Gunpla General thread which you can take a look.

There is also a WIP subforum under Mecha Modeling.  If you have blueprints that you can show people, that would be a good place to advertise your Twitter account.

#13 checksum

checksum

• 12 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

Im also looking for photo-etched brass.  I have noticed that this stuff seems extremely expensive.  So Im not asking for donations on that, But I just wanted to ask if there is a cheap type of photoetched brass.  I really dont care what its from.  But I was planning on using it for alot of the fine surface detail until I saw the price at my local hobby shop...

#14 checksum

checksum

• 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

Hey guys,
I took Eltia's suggestion and started a Twitter account dedicated to this project.  Im not 100% sure what info you may need to find me on Twitter since Im a twitter newbie.  But Matt N.
@theborgproject should get you there.  
If anyone has any helpful suggestions about what to do with the twitter account please let me know...

#15 Eltia

Eltia

• 3,880 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

For Toronto (Canada) and nearby cities, you can advertise at Hobby King Modeling Club.  See also their Facebook page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users