MG Astray Gold Frame Amatsu

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 cooliooonesss

cooliooonesss

Member v.1

• 72 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

Hey guys, thanks for looking! This is my pride and glory. Took over a month to modify and paint. This is what I wanted to do for a long time. All i forgot to do is put a clear coat -_________- C&C welcome!
here are some WIP's of the gundam (mainly because I didnt take pictures while modding/painting it :P ):
Attached File  Gold Frame WIP R1.jpg   87.3K   130 downloadsAttached File  Gold Frame WIP R2.jpg   86.78K   133 downloadsAttached File  Gold Frame WIP R3.jpg   84.11K   127 downloads
Heres the end result:
Attached File  Gold Frame R1.jpg   96.88K   147 downloadsAttached File  Gold Frame R2.jpg   89.62K   128 downloadsAttached File  Gold Frame R3.jpg   99.81K   90 downloadsAttached File  Gold Frame R4.jpg   89.49K   85 downloadsAttached File  Gold Frame R5.jpg   89.91K   80 downloadsAttached File  Gold Frame R6.jpg   103.75K   75 downloads
Attached File  Gold Frame R7.jpg   88.01K   71 downloadsAttached File  Gold Frame R8.jpg   99.96K   59 downloadsAttached File  Gold Frame R9.jpg   102.71K   54 downloadsAttached File  Gold Frame R10.jpg   92.83K   56 downloadsAttached File  Gold Frame R11.jpg   93.05K   78 downloadsAttached File  Gold Frame R12.jpg   101.88K   84 downloads

While taking pictures, i ALMOST dropped it. -________________________- thank you god for letting me have fast reflexes.

#2 Toefu

Toefu

Constipating a random thought or two

• 501 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:39 AM

Hottness! This turned out great! Your changes and colors are spot on. Nice and clean for sure. Are you going to clear coat it to finish it off? Looks superb, what types of paint did you use?

#3 strike_kf

strike_kf

Member v.2

• 178 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

View Postcooliooonesss, on 12 April 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

Hey guys, thanks for looking! This is my pride and glory. Took over a month to modify and paint. This is what I wanted to do for a long time. All i forgot to do is put a clear coat -_________- C&C welcome!
here are some WIP's of the gundam (mainly because I didnt take pictures while modding/painting it :P ):
Attachment Gold Frame WIP R1.jpgAttachment Gold Frame WIP R2.jpgAttachment Gold Frame WIP R3.jpg
Heres the end result:
Attachment Gold Frame R1.jpgAttachment Gold Frame R2.jpgAttachment Gold Frame R3.jpgAttachment Gold Frame R4.jpgAttachment Gold Frame R5.jpgAttachment Gold Frame R6.jpg
Attachment Gold Frame R7.jpgAttachment Gold Frame R8.jpgAttachment Gold Frame R9.jpgAttachment Gold Frame R10.jpgAttachment Gold Frame R11.jpgAttachment Gold Frame R12.jpg

While taking pictures, i ALMOST dropped it. -________________________- thank you god for letting me have fast reflexes.

Did you ever come across this same conversion?
http://www.geocities...nin/AMATSU.html

#4 Horati of the Frost Hills

Horati of the Frost Hills

OMG A FROST GIANT

• 344 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

The color scheme works perfectly for this!  Everything pops!  I am just curious what made you choose these colors?

#5 Caboose

Caboose

LOOK, A DISTRACTION!!!!!

• 1,429 posts
  • Interests:Gundams, Samurai, Drifting, Drag Racing

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

That looks pretty spot on! Fantastic job making this into an MG

Kiske said:

That makes caboose the master race

Posted Image

#6 cooliooonesss

cooliooonesss

Member v.1

• 72 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

@Toefu: Thanks! Yea, im going to use a pearl coat to bring out the shininess that it had in the 1/100 :)
@strike_tf: yea, ive seen it before, but that guy used a ABF, i used the ARF because it has most of the parts i needed. (also because my brother owns the ABF, so i didnt want to mutilate his :P )
@Horati: Thank you! I went about trying to find the best gold possible, but when i painted the gold onto the frame, it wasnt the shine i looked for :P
@Caboose: Thank you! it took a lot of planning, hard work (and the $160 it took for the models itself -.-)

@all: the colors i used were:

Krylon:
Flat Black
Metallic Brilliant Gold
Smoke Gray
Primer Gray (because my brother wasted all of it on some lame school project -.-)

Misc:
Mr. Color Clear Yellow #48(this is what brought out the shiny gold i was looking for)
Gundam Marker Gunmetal (for the vulcans and random little areas :P)
Gundam Marker Red (i didnt have Krylon red, so i substituted it with gundam marker red, and i was satisfied :D )

thank god i barely had to mask. i have (somewhat) steady hands, so all the red was applied without the use of masking.

#7 Caboose

Caboose

LOOK, A DISTRACTION!!!!!

• 1,429 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

Since it looks like your using mostly spray paint, a good gold would have been Rustoluem's Metallic Gold. :D atleast, I'm a fan of it over the Krylon gold. :D  overall great color choices! and what model kits did you use?

Kiske said:

Posted Image

#8 cooliooonesss

cooliooonesss

Member v.1

• 72 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostCaboose, on 12 April 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

Since it looks like your using mostly spray paint, a good gold would have been Rustoluem's Metallic Gold. :D atleast, I'm a fan of it over the Krylon gold. :D  overall great color choices! and what model kits did you use?

Hahaha, the first one i heard about is Krylon, so i bought that :P
i used the 1/100 NG Gold Frame Amatsu and the MG Red Frame.

#9 Caboose

Caboose

LOOK, A DISTRACTION!!!!!

• 1,429 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

Where did you buy these? do you live in the US? cause that is a lot of cash :(

Kiske said:

Posted Image

#10 Kiske

Kiske

• 2,043 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Nice work, though the 1/100 HG parts stick out a bit too much in bulkiness compared to the sleek MG kit. Nice paint work though.

#11 cooliooonesss

cooliooonesss

Member v.1

• 72 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

@Caboose: i bought them like a year apart, so there was no trouble :P
and yes i do live in the US :3

@Kiske: Thank you! i thought it did too, but if i had to wait for this kit, it wouldve been 2023 -_______________- and idk how to SB so i settled with this :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users