Mechanicore 1/100 RX-105 Xi Gundam

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Eltia

Eltia

Don't come any closer... I'll bite!

• 3,883 posts
  • Interests:Gundams, Zoids, Armored Cores.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

Info.

I believe this is their first product.  Price and date TBA.

Edited by Eltia, 05 March 2014 - 06:42 PM.

#2 Kurosawa

Kurosawa

Member v.5

• 890 posts
  • Interests:Gunpura, lightsabers, katanas, drawing, painting, graphic design, FOOD!! and movies

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:36 AM

I am looking forward to this.
rice, its a way of life...

#3 Zip

Zip

Member v.2

• 151 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:13 PM

Welp, looks like another one of those G-system plastic version kits like the Elyn Kshatriya or RC Gerbera Tetra.  Considering how flawed those last two releases were, can't say I have high expectations for this one.

Plus, I've always thought G-System's Xi was hideous.  Too blocky and messy with that forced Evolve aesthetic; Katoki's take on it was much more tasteful.

#4 Eltia

Eltia

• 3,883 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

Off topic.  I read a forum post earlier alleging Elyn being a front end for G-System.  The comment cites the simiarlity between the upcoming Elyn Deep Striker and G-System ones, and how difficult it is going to duplicate it with plamo without assistance from G System.  G System is using Elyn because they are still experimenting with plamo market operation and do not want the early prototyping products to ruin their resin kit reputation.

TL ; DR.  Rumour says that Elyn and G-System breaths through the same nostril.

Edited by Eltia, 08 March 2014 - 12:38 PM.

#5 Zip

Zip

Member v.2

• 151 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

We finally get pics of the rapid prototype:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

First Edition release comes with pre-decaled "camouflage" parts (or decals?) and LED beam sabers, and only 1200 units will have this.  Not much incentive compared to the Kshatriya's first release.

Posted Image

The pricetag is RMB 750 (roughly $120, but we all know with shipping and middleman crap, it'll be roughly $200).  Don't know about the release date yet.

Hopefully G-System (Elyn/Mechanicore are obviously just legal disguises) learned their lesson from all the QC issues with the 1/100 Kshatriya.

Funny enough, there have been rumors that Bandai's big December MG release is the Xi, so I wonder if this will be similar to that fiasco a few years ago with the Fanstoys and Masterpiece Soundwaves?

#6 Eltia

Eltia

• 3,883 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

In other news, Mcmodels next HG release is also Xi Gundam.

With Bandai releasing HGUC Gustav Karl, I won't be surprised Bandai will follow up with HGUC Xi Gundam as well.  Question is:  who will be the first to release a plamo Penelope.

#7 Zip

Zip

Member v.2

• 151 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

View PostEltia, on 11 May 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

With Bandai releasing HGUC Gustav Karl

I don't think that's been announced yet, we just know it's going to be in Unicorn ep 7.

The MC Xi is pretty expensive too- MSRP is 350 RMB (~$60) so it'll probably end up at $80+ when shipping and middleman costs are accounted for.

Edited by Zip, 11 May 2014 - 10:55 AM.

#8 Twobad

Twobad

Imperial Gunpla Mechanic

• 177 posts
  • Interests:Gunpla, Plamo, Wh40K Space Marines, Minipainting, Origami, Transformers, Japan

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

With Bandai releasing HGUC Gustav Karl, I won't be surprised Bandai will follow up with HGUC Xi Gundam as well.

Is the Gustav Karl already confirmed? A comment on GG suggests that it will be held back till the HF(?) OVA.

#9 Twobad

Twobad

Imperial Gunpla Mechanic

• 177 posts
  • Interests:Gunpla, Plamo, Wh40K Space Marines, Minipainting, Origami, Transformers, Japan

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostZip, on 11 May 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

With Bandai releasing HGUC Gustav Karl

I don't think that's been announced yet, we just know it's going to be in Unicorn ep 7.

The MC Xi is pretty expensive too- MSRP is 350 RMB (~$60) so it'll probably end up at $80+ when shipping and middleman costs are accounted for.

Ah, thought I had missed the Gustav Karl confirmation (Looking foreward to it). Thanks for clearing.

#10 Eltia

Eltia

• 3,883 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:07 PM

Yea Mcmodels is getting more expensive, but their QC is getting better also.  Their HG Quebeley is on par with MG 1.0.

Mechanicore is a new studio and we don't quite know who are behind the development yet.  Not saying Mechanicore will end up like RC Centre but that Nightingale incident really made me (and many others) cautious when picking Chinese brands.

HGUC Gustav Karl has been confirmed, together with HGUC Schuzrum Galluss and Zplus A1.  Gustav Karl and Zplus A1 already made cameo appearance in Gundam Unicorn EP7 initial 7 minutes footage.

#11 Zip

Zip

Member v.2

• 151 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

View PostEltia, on 11 May 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

HGUC Gustav Karl has been confirmed, together with HGUC Schuzrum Galluss and Zplus A1.
Those two were, but there's been nothing about Gustav Karl.  Just because it's featured in Unicorn doesn't mean there will be a kit of it.

I'm pretty certain Mechanicore is the same as Elyn, which in turn means they're both just fake names G-System created for itself.  Most people don't even want to see Elyn again after the QC issues with their Kshatriya, so it makes sense for them to rename themselves.  Just like how R-Center did (G-Temple) with their plastic Gerbera Tetra after that horrendous Nightingale.

#12 Eltia

Eltia

• 3,883 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:15 PM

There is this very blurry scan of Gustav Karl that got cropped out and it appears to be not related to HGUC release.

Posted Image

Do you want an apology?

#13 electric_indigo

electric_indigo

Laser Brain

• 3,128 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:13 AM

View PostEltia, on 11 May 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

Do you want an apology?

I'd rather have a Gustav Karl...
Posted Image

#14 Twobad

Twobad

Imperial Gunpla Mechanic

• 177 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:06 AM

Even though it's not announced yet, it's usually third in the list showing the UC-mechanics (e.g.http://gundamguy.blogspot.de/2014/04/gundam-uc-mobile-suit-artwork.html) , so I guess you wouldn't find many to bet against it :) Till then we just have to keep the faith, that it looks WAY to cool not be released.

#15 electric_indigo

electric_indigo

Laser Brain

• 3,128 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:26 PM

The Gustav is a cool Katsumi Fujita design, and I really like the new paint job they gave it for UC. If we get a HG Me-02R Messer at some point for completeness sake, I'm in Fujita heaven.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users