Manga anime anthology gundam

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 YourBestEnemy

YourBestEnemy

Member v.1

• 72 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:27 PM

Has anyone here been following the releases of the Gundam The Origin volumes? I don't remember much of the comic series back in the early 2000s and my language skills are below par for the Japanese releases, but I am so glad that they decided to release everything again! It's the little things that really stand out with each volume release...that soft cover and glossy pages. It's such a high quality piece of art!

I finished Char and Sayla pretty quickly. I've always heard rumors of what happened pre 0079 and of course anime versus manga cuts off the canon debate, but THIS specific volume starts diving into the world that was going on before Amuro ever discovered the V Project. WIthout giving too much away, I love the backstory on the House of Zabi, Ral, and Deikun. HOLY CRAP.

Well, so I thought I'd start this thread to see what your thoughts were on the series so far. Unicorn seems like it's taking forever to conclude. The Origin's been tiding me over. Plus, the manga is a bit of a lead in to a certain anime that's now pegged for 2015. I'll leave that here:

deep striker banner" />

#2 Eltia

Eltia

Don't come any closer... I'll bite!

• 3,883 posts
  • Interests:Gundams, Zoids, Armored Cores.

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

I read GTO's manga several years ago.  It's a good cleanup of the original Gundam.  e.g. no more flying Lego block a.k.a. G-Armor, a lot more character and history development (how Char got his funny looking helmet, chibi Amuro and Char met each other before OYW, how Rambara being a Daikun loyalist got marginalized by Zabi's Zeon, grew old and eventually realized his love interest mattered more than ideologies, the missing 2nd brother of the Zabi family, etc) and a revised Battle of A Baoa Qu with Sayla taking more lead.

Mecha wise are more realistic.  RX-78 received several revision over the series and eventually looked like the original Gundam by the end of OYW.  Overall, I think it's a good rehash of the original Gundam.  Though with Bandai's business decision factor in, the anime series would probably be more geared towards selling toys.

#3 Eltia

Eltia

Don't come any closer... I'll bite!

• 3,883 posts
  • Interests:Gundams, Zoids, Armored Cores.

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:39 PM

#4 trekker gundam

trekker gundam

Nooby

• 406 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:00 PM

Sweet!!!! I'm so buying this

Edited by trekker gundam, 16 February 2015 - 05:01 PM.

#5 YourBestEnemy

YourBestEnemy

Member v.1

• 72 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

beautiful...fan boy in me wants them to do a whole TV series devoted to The Origin retelling, alas it's best to move on in the franchise, probably...

UC universe is still my fave though :)
deep striker banner" />

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Manga, anime, anthology, gundam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users