MG Sandrock (TV ver.)

5 replies to this topic

#1 brit363

brit363

• 29 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:12 AM

Hi guys, its been a while since I've posted here.... My Gundam Rose project is currently on hold as I'm just too noob for resin and I'm scared to ruin things as I may not be able to find replacements again.

Anyway, just want to share my current wip... Its my take on the tv version of sandrock... I used mg sandrock as base.. The rest are plates and putty and also some elements from the resin kit which eventually i would also scratch build....

Its also taking me long to finish this but I hope I could finish it this time....

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#2 trekker gundam

trekker gundam

Nooby

• 406 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:51 AM

any chance of you recasting some of those parts?

#3 Kiske

Kiske

• 2,061 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

Do you plan to make the Cross Crusher work?

#4 brit363

brit363

• 29 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

I'll aim to make it work... but I won't keep any promises.. hehehe... as I'm currently stuck!!! :a7: its also frustrating that as you progress things starts to break or fall apart...:/

I re-sculpted the chest... just to make it more protrude out.... however I don't know how to enlarge the chest vents... I'm debating whether I should scratch build a new one or modify the existing one... and how can I modify the existing one should I choose that option??? i'm thinking of breaking it apart... however, I don't know what to use to extend them...

Anyone know a glue more stronger than the tamiya cement??? They just tend to fall appart when I apply too much force like sanding.... also... for resin... how to stick them back??? I broke the v-fin and the handle of the heat shortel....:(

here is my current WIP... really shamed that I haven't really progressed that much...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by brit363, 19 August 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#5 brit363

brit363

• 29 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:27 PM

Just a bit of update... totally slow ith my progress. had to overhaul my design and proportions. Used different things here and there..
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by brit363, 01 November 2016 - 06:19 PM.

#6 trekker gundam

trekker gundam

Nooby

• 406 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:01 AM

glad to see an update. most of it looks great. if I may make one small suggestion. the chest sensor looks a little big I would reduce its size by about 20-30%. and if I may say so I really like what you are doing with to head.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users