13361 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_kyle1281989_*

Guest_kyle1281989_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:38 PM

myakk, on Mar 31 2006, 08:35 PM, said:

nobel and god! FIX baby! Attachment attachment

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

to expensive of a line, though cool looking. So what is exactly under the nobels skirt? ok little creepy SRY
but for me the FIX series is a bit much for the size/action figure but they are well done

#17 myakk

myakk

Member v.4

• 644 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:04 PM

Check out this hair, wow! That is one feature that I would have never thought it would have.

Attached File  photo_06.jpg   28.59K   395 downloadsAttached File  photo_07.jpg   41.21K   469 downloadsAttached File  photo_05.jpg   27.01K   515 downloadschment]

#18 Sincere

Sincere

Member v.4

• 498 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 06:30 AM

For the record I am also a UC guy. The only gundam from the entire SEED series that I liked was Destiny. It was probably the wings that grabbed me, and as for the new lineup  I really want that Gyan.

#19 klyhop

klyhop

• 19 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 07:28 AM

UC design were the original ones....
Seed was juz reusing the design from other series....

#20 myakk

myakk

Member v.4

• 644 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:02 AM

Sincere, on Apr 1 2006, 06:30 AM, said:

For the record I am also a UC guy. The only gundam from the entire SEED series that I liked was Destiny. It was probably the wings that grabbed me, and as for the new lineup  I really want that Gyan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's wings were a rip of of the V2 gundams wings of light that acted as a giant beam-sabers/sheild.

Destiny is my most hated gundam design...imo I feel it's just looks like a 12 year kit bash of all the best gundam features in one and then had some inexperienced fanartist colored it. I like freedom and strike freedom(not nearly as much) but even it was a rehash of gundam DX and the phenoix gundam>which later became even more apparent as the phenoix gundam also links it's rifles like SF.

GS also has no continuity in their gundam designs aswell you compare arms,legs,torsos,heads, there is no way of telling by looking at a suit if it is made by Zaft or the Alliance, you end up looking at peices that look alike but are made buy different people and what is really confusing is half of them are stolen. This whole stealing gundam thing got real old after 0083 where it was a original idea and to have gundam stolen twice in a series (GS=original 4 stolen gundams, then freedom was stole from Zaft)
and finally ( GSD=the 3 extended humans steal 3 Zaft gundams, and for kicks Azuran stole a Gouf ) <THEY NEED TO INVENT A GUNDAM KEY OR CLUB...yes there was a constick needed in gundam X unfortuneately fudaka didn't steall this from gundam x cause  it would make his series 3 Ep. long as the alliance devestates all of Zaft w/ their gundams.

#21 Guest_kyle1281989_*

Guest_kyle1281989_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:06 AM

myakk, on Mar 31 2006, 09:04 PM, said:

Check out this hair, wow! That is one feature that I would have never thought it would have.

Attachment attachmentAttachment attachmentAttached File  photo_05.jpg   27.01K   515 downloadschment]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is that (hair) a swapeable peice?

and if you think about it all of the gundams are bassed of the same frame and princible designs, yes even in the UC but then again you try to make a cool 100+ gundams.  :D

#22 myakk

myakk

Member v.4

• 644 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:24 AM

I think they were on to something w/ the turn A designs case the turn A/ turn X/ sumo/ FLAT  were unique and different I find alot more non-gundam fans like that series... maybe it was more conventional anime then a mecha series

I think the hair is swapable or you get two heads....it defineately dosen't separate out cuase that would be crazy... and expensive hair tranformation system....VERDIT>SWAPABABLE!

#23 Optimaximal

Optimaximal

Have Keyboard - Will Type!

• 250 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:56 PM

The Turn-A Gundam designs were one of the major factors that turned people away from the series.

It had some of the best characterisation and development of any Gundam series, and the whole regression of technology following cataclysmic war is very realistically done.  Syd Meads designs just weren't 'Gundam' enough for a large amount of people.  
Hell, take out the name 'Gundam' and the few veiled references too original continuity and it wouldn't even be a Gundam series

#24 snowflakes

snowflakes

Member v.3

• 318 posts
  • Interests:Model Kit, Figure, Gashapon, etc

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:43 PM

myakk, on Apr 2 2006, 12:02 AM, said:

For the record I am also a UC guy. The only gundam from the entire SEED series that I liked was Destiny. It was probably the wings that grabbed me, and as for the new lineup  I really want that Gyan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's wings were a rip of of the V2 gundams wings of light that acted as a giant beam-sabers/sheild.

Destiny is my most hated gundam design...imo I feel it's just looks like a 12 year kit bash of all the best gundam features in one and then had some inexperienced fanartist colored it. I like freedom and strike freedom(not nearly as much) but even it was a rehash of gundam DX and the phenoix gundam>which later became even more apparent as the phenoix gundam also links it's rifles like SF.

GS also has no continuity in their gundam designs aswell you compare arms,legs,torsos,heads, there is no way of telling by looking at a suit if it is made by Zaft or the Alliance, you end up looking at peices that look alike but are made buy different people and what is really confusing is half of them are stolen. This whole stealing gundam thing got real old after 0083 where it was a original idea and to have gundam stolen twice in a series (GS=original 4 stolen gundams, then freedom was stole from Zaft)
and finally ( GSD=the 3 extended humans steal 3 Zaft gundams, and for kicks Azuran stole a Gouf ) <THEY NEED TO INVENT A GUNDAM KEY OR CLUB...yes there was a constick needed in gundam X unfortuneately fudaka didn't steall this from gundam x cause  it would make his series 3 Ep. long as the alliance devestates all of Zaft w/ their gundams.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yap, totally true!
IMO. It seems like, right now,  Bandai-Sunrise wanna starting somethin that can makes more female viewers to become a Gundam fans.
Start from the mecha designs n colors that are so colorfull n eye-catching. Then, the character design that are so bishounen.  :P  For me, I really really hate the character design. Darn! Why Sunrise picked Hisai Hisashi for the chara design. The chara designs are so bishounen, just like Wing Gundam n X Gundam. If you compare UC series n non UC series like Wing, X, n Seed series, I'm sure the last three got more female fans than the UC series.

But, just wait for Seed 3rd series. I heard it will be called Seed Eternity. Do you remember a scene on last episode where Capt Thalia said somethin to Kira about Capt Ramius to take care Thalia's son?? That Thalia's son is said to be the main chara at Seed Eternity. I'm boring watching Seed series.  :(

#25 myakk

myakk

Member v.4

• 644 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 07:15 PM

snowflakes, on Apr 1 2006, 03:43 PM, said:

myakk, on Apr 2 2006, 12:02 AM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yap, totally true!
IMO. It seems like, right now,  Bandai-Sunrise wanna starting somethin that can makes more female viewers to become a Gundam fans.
Start from the mecha designs n colors that are so colorfull n eye-catching. Then, the character design that are so bishounen.  :P  For me, I really really hate the character design. Darn! Why Sunrise picked Hisai Hisashi for the chara design. The chara designs are so bishounen, just like Wing Gundam n X Gundam. If you compare UC series n non UC series like Wing, X, n Seed series, I'm sure the last three got more female fans than the UC series.

But, just wait for Seed 3rd series. I heard it will be called Seed Eternity. Do you remember a scene on last episode where Capt Thalia said somethin to Kira about Capt Ramius to take care Thalia's son?? That Thalia's son is said to be the main chara at Seed Eternity. I'm boring watching Seed series.  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard bout the eternity rumor too,  they should just give it up cause I am sick of all the american otaku wannabees going around saying gundam seed is awsome and gSD is awsome> FYI gundam 0080 best gundam series EVER!
and the charater designs and mecha are so bad... btw GSD is overflowing w/ fanservice I'm sick of gundam being turned into a nudi-fest.

#26 Sincere

Sincere

Member v.4

• 498 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:29 PM

myakk, on Apr 1 2006, 09:02 AM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I suppose you and I have completly different tastes. I guess its just how you look at it that determines the reasons you like it. Another set of Gundams that I would have enjoyed to see in the MG series were the rest Endless Waltz, which honestly are imo the best non-UC designs to date.

#27 myakk

myakk

Member v.4

• 644 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:42 PM

I suppose you and I have completly different tastes. I guess its just how you look at it that determines the reasons you like it. Another set of Gundams that I would have enjoyed to see in the MG series were the rest Endless Waltz, which honestly are imo the best non-UC designs to date.

I think one AU MG I would want would have to be double X. Endless Waltz had goodish designs but gundam wing as a series was horrible pacifistic crap I mean honestly... could you pick a worse theme when dealing w/ hundreds of war machines... and then there's the heero but we won't get into that emotional deviod crevass of a lead charater.

#28 Guest_kyle1281989_*

Guest_kyle1281989_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:57 PM

they should make the next gundam hero a big badass as Im alittle tired of the hero not wanting to take a life blah blah blah. He should shed no mercy!!!!

I kinda like the shorter series (08th, 0083, 0080) as they dont feel so dragged (and sames me money on the DVDs) like for me in seed it I would some times feel like shut up and fight! But in say 0083 it had a wonderful cast, story, and battels and turned out very good. So please make Astray into one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 myakk

myakk

Member v.4

• 644 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:20 PM

I want to see them do a series about a seasoned ace for once not some kid maybe like a south burning charater... is it just me or would you love to see some focus on MP MS like the MP guncannon/GM sniper II/and some KA ball action

#30 Guest_kyle1281989_*

Guest_kyle1281989_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:19 PM

myakk, on Apr 1 2006, 11:20 PM, said:

I want to see them do a series about a seasoned ace for once not some kid maybe like a south burning charater... is it just me or would you love to see some focus on MP MS like the MP guncannon/GM sniper II/and some KA ball action

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah but maby an original character (for some new, hopfully good kits/variants) and he should be put into a cusom GM Sniper II so bandai will have to make a MG of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users