• Please log in to reply
13361 replies to this topic

#5851 Derringer

Derringer

GunPla Nurse

• 2,316 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:33 AM

What's the difference between getting it now as opposed to later
Live in the U.S.? Want your local anime/hobby store to sell Gundam Models? Have them contact us! www.bluefincorp.com We're the official U.S. Distributor for gundam models and collectibles by Bandai!

www.twitter.com/TamashiiNations www.facebook.com/Tamashii.USA

GUNPLA MODEL KIT WORLD CUP 2014 LOCATIONS AND DATES
Anime Central, Chicago, Illinois May 16-18 |A-Kon, Dallas, Texas, June 6 – June 8|
Anime Expo Los Angeles, CA July 3-6 | Otakon Baltimore, MD Aug 8 -10 |New York Comic Con, New York Oct 9th – 12th

#5852 Eltia

Eltia

Don't come any closer... I'll bite!

• 3,880 posts
  • Interests:Gundams, Zoids, Armored Cores.

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:18 AM

View PostDerringer, on 06 December 2009 - 12:33 AM, said:

Bandai gets more money and you get less money.

#5853 MarkW

MarkW

Plastic Surgeon v2

• 4,737 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:52 AM

View PostTerpfen, on 06 December 2009 - 12:19 AM, said:

I told myself I wouldn't get a Victory Gundam until January. I might have to break that promise.

Posted Image

Posted Image
EXCUSE ME.  COULD YOU PLEASE TURN THAT DOWN?  SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION AT NORMAL VOLUME HERE.
MarkW

A shadow shall fall over the universe, and evil will grow in its path, and death will come from the skies

"I can cross stab Hitler to death off the list of cool crap I thought I'd never do"
--Brock Sampson

Posted Image
Gamera's Mecha/Figure model board

Posted Image

#5854 Eltia

Eltia

Don't come any closer... I'll bite!

• 3,880 posts
  • Interests:Gundams, Zoids, Armored Cores.

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:02 AM

View PostMarkW, on 06 December 2009 - 06:52 AM, said:

EXCUSE ME.  COULD YOU PLEASE TURN THAT DOWN?  SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION AT NORMAL VOLUME HERE.
I got to agree on this one... the decals this time do look a bit too flashy.  (I guess it makes targeting easier, from the enemy's perspective.)

#5855 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:22 PM

without those warning signs, how else will you know to stand away from the thusters?
My Updated Gunpla Sale (updated 9-24-2011)

MY RX-78-2 Artillery Custom WIP

Click on images below to see my Finished Works:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5856 Arzachel

Arzachel

Member v.3

• 364 posts
  • Interests:music, gunpla, anime, tv, movies, video games, comics

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:42 PM

View Postbeertax, on 06 December 2009 - 01:22 PM, said:

without those warning signs, how else will you know to stand away from the thusters?
*cue movie announcer voice*

"In the far future, mankind no longer believes in natural selection"
"How do you know you can trust me?"
"I don't - that's what trust is."

#5857 electric_indigo

electric_indigo

Laser Brain

• 3,022 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:30 PM

Sieg Zion!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5858 Cactus

Cactus

Member v.5

• 843 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:35 PM

View PostArzachel, on 06 December 2009 - 01:42 PM, said:

And we do now? lol, ok

#5859 Corrin

Corrin

To Victory; Life or Death!

• 122 posts
  • Interests:Gundam
    Video Games
    Coffee
    Heavy Metal

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:19 PM

View Postelectric_indigo, on 06 December 2009 - 02:30 PM, said:

Sieg Zion!

Posted Image

I hope we can get a MG of this wonderful design. On an unrelated note, anybody know about how long it takes gundamstoreandmore to get a new kit in stock? Like, for instance the MG Victory? I don't want to have to wait too long to get it from an American shop.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5860 MatX

MatX

Committed Member

• 1,715 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:18 PM

View PostArzachel, on 06 December 2009 - 01:42 PM, said:

One wonders how the species survives.  There should only be one decal "CAUTION: STAY AWAY FROM GIANT ROBO"

Posted Image

#5861 Terpfen

Terpfen

Member v.3

• 392 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:28 AM

View PostDerringer, on 06 December 2009 - 12:33 AM, said:

Instant gratification vs delayed gratification. Also, money supply.

View PostMatX, on 06 December 2009 - 04:18 PM, said:

One wonders how the species survives.  There should only be one decal "CAUTION: STAY AWAY FROM GIANT ROBO"
IIRC, every legible decal that appears on a ver. Ka kit is taken from either military or commercial aircraft. I can understand the complaining about the amount of decals, even though no one's forcing you to apply any or all of them, but not the text thereof.

#5862 MatX

MatX

Committed Member

• 1,715 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:09 AM

View PostTerpfen, on 07 December 2009 - 05:28 AM, said:

IIRC, every legible decal that appears on a ver. Ka kit is taken from either military or commercial aircraft.

That's hardly the issue.  There's a HUGE difference between aircraft and a GIANT ROBO, and those warning signs are meant for repair and maintenance crew.  Thing is, only an idiot will stand under a thruster bell or near a robot's foot, so on, so forth.  In an actual scenario, civilians are NEVER allowed near military equipment, much more when they are in full operation.

I can understand the complaining about the amount of decals, even though no one's forcing you to apply any or all of them, but not the text thereof.

Personally, I don't complain nor criticize anyone who uses decals.  I'm a minimalist, though and I only place decals when needed or if it serves as a decorative piece, because, that all decals are, DECORATIONS.  I didn't even decal my last build, concept-wise.

Posted Image

#5863 HoroMotosuwa

HoroMotosuwa

Member v.2

• 100 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:32 AM

View PostMatX, on 07 December 2009 - 07:09 AM, said:

View PostTerpfen, on 07 December 2009 - 05:28 AM, said:

IIRC, every legible decal that appears on a ver. Ka kit is taken from either military or commercial aircraft.

That's hardly the issue.  There's a HUGE difference between aircraft and a GIANT ROBO, and those warning signs are meant for repair and maintenance crew.  Thing is, only an idiot will stand under a thruster bell or near a robot's foot, so on, so forth.  In an actual scenario, civilians are NEVER allowed near military equipment, much more when they are in full operation.

I can understand the complaining about the amount of decals, even though no one's forcing you to apply any or all of them, but not the text thereof.

Personally, I don't complain nor criticize anyone who uses decals.  I'm a minimalist, though and I only place decals when needed or if it serves as a decorative piece, because, that all decals are, DECORATIONS.  I didn't even decal my last build, concept-wise.

<-- I'll leave it as that

besides, coffee cups and ramen cups have a sign "caution contents are hot" why? because there was someone stupid enough to get burned with the contents and then sue the company for profit!, so... if you build a giant robot you'd make sure no idiot can clain "but you didn't warned me!" that's just how people works... being stupid to the max

#5864 MatX

MatX

Committed Member

• 1,715 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:52 AM

I guess the guy didn't see the warning sign eh?

Thus, the WISDOM of standing away from military vehicles.  Even professionals have accidents, that's why they're called accidents.

Comparing ramen and coffee cups with giant robos is like comparing a lighted match with a full-blown forest fire.  Guess which one you'll survive from.

Can you still say "you didn't warn me" if you got stepped on even accidentally by a giant robo?  Will you stand in a crossfire between robots just to read the warning signs on their armor?

"If you can read this, you're too close/you can die..."

Edited by MatX, 07 December 2009 - 07:58 AM.

Posted Image

#5865 HoroMotosuwa

HoroMotosuwa

Member v.2

• 100 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:01 AM

and since when can you read the signs on a flying combat condition plane?....

oh let me guess! you'll say my point its lost from the start and you are too wise-experienced in whatever field we discuss, your discussions always end up like that with anyone who doesn't agrees with you so save us some time and if you don't like anyone's opinion just ignore it, in any case just apply the general rule about products, you don't like it, don't get it that simple

Edited by HoroMotosuwa, 07 December 2009 - 08:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users