Barbarella

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 resinmonkey

resinmonkey

Member v.5

• 1,347 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:08 PM

Is there anyone out there old enough to remember when Jane Fonda was young and before her adventures in North Vietnam? Well, I am. I remember when Barbarella came out, it was naughty! Anyway, this is one of the first resin kits I ever built. Before I did anime, I did movie monsters and movie stars. Its about ten years old. I think Fatman did this casting, but I believe this figure has been licensed to a couple different casters. I saw her looking at me on the self, so I decided to give her a bath (she was covered with dust) and take her picture. I remember doing this kit well because her cape was cast to her back so that she looked like she had a huge backpack on her back. I had to cut away the cape, and since this is hollow cast I had to resculpt her back and make a new cape. The original cape was horrible. The pattern on the fringe of the cape I duplicated using a stamp I made from another part of the figure. The cape is made of epoxy putty.
I would do a lot of things differently as far as painting now. But I thought you might like to see an oldie. I still like the sculpt a lot.

Attached Files

Marronflower's finest hour: "Burn my heroic image into your brains. Teach your children songs of my valor. For I am Marronflower! The biggest, baddest brain in the galaxy! Little man, we had a fine summer."

"Life is long. Up and down must" S. Fung

Visit the Treehouse

#2 FilmMkr

FilmMkr

Intergalactic Space Lord

• 971 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:20 AM

*Raises hand*

Um, I remember Barbarella.  Saw it at the General Cinemas at Meyerland back in the day.  Jane made me feel all funny inside, then when the Playboy came out with the photo spread those feelings returned.   :blink:   :blink:   :blink:

Thanks for the mammaries!

#3 StayPuft

StayPuft

Committed Member

• 1,949 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 04:32 AM

Me too, I remember the movie and especially her. :D That's a pretty good kit of her and you did a great job remodelling the cape.  Don't know what it looked like before, but it sure looks very good now.

#4 princess_peachv2

princess_peachv2

Peachy!

• 139 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:06 AM

Omg that is hilarous! I never knew they made a Barbarella Kit! I watched it not that long ago out of curiousity. That movie was rated PG-13 back in the day.

Good Job on the model :D I will have to show my husband as he will get a kick out of this one. :D Thanks for sharing!

#5 frankzilla

frankzilla

Member v.5

• 1,006 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:32 AM

Yes an oldie but a goodie. The only Barbarella kit that is worth looking at. If I remember correctly you can still get this kit since Fatman sold all his molds.

#6 Jayden63

Jayden63

Committed Member

• 1,844 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 10:35 AM

Fond memories, yes, very fond indeed.  The kit looks great buy the way.  Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Check out my other resin work here...

http://www.pbase.com/jayden63/resin_models

#7 ssgtdude

ssgtdude

Committed Member

• 3,111 posts
  • Interests:Resin

Posted 16 May 2006 - 12:26 PM

The only Movie that I would watch to see Jane Fonda (traitor) in only because it humiliates her in so many ways...  Sort of a poetic justice if you ask me.

If I remember right the breast plate on her is actually transpearant.  Seems like someone's gf, or significant other made the artist change their mind in the paint scheme.

#8 baxojayz

baxojayz

Innovator of Husky Baboonyas

• 526,202 posts
  • Interests:Music, cars, models, whatever....

Posted 16 May 2006 - 12:29 PM

That is a classic! I think I remember when that kit came out many moons ago. Nice work dude, and I DO remember a massively edited version on TV. I was only born on 1971, so I can't possibly remember Vietnam...
~Bob
Posted Image
* All a man can do is act with a spirit of rightness and then he need fear no one, not even himself. -Chiun, Master of Sinanju
* That's the biz sweetheart! -Remo Williams
* If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine. -Obi Wan Kenobi
* Life is very long. Up and down must. -Simon Fung

The BPMS Blog Baxojayz-Centricity

shit just got real
    An expression that explains how a joking or friendly conversation suddenly took a turn for the worse and is escalating towards a hostel situation and/or a physical scuffle

MatX: I have never been so tired in my life
Amy-Chan: That's what your mom said last night
Random Yell from Someone Not Actually Involved, likely t3h bax0jayz: SHIT JUST GOT REAL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users