• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:55 PM

Hi all,

This is my 2nd (or 4th, if you count the two that I stripped paint off) MG Wing ver ka.  I never liked the series and didn't like Heero as a character, but strangely enough I love Katoki's rendering of the Wing Gundam and can't get enough of the MG version.  So after having completed the Strike Noir custom awhile back, I stripped my old MG Wing ver ka. and decided to paint it in Amuro Ray - Hi Nu colors.

Here's a list of the mods I placed on the kit:

1. Like the Strike Noir, I inserted around 30x 1mm beads to various parts of the body, 6x 1mm tubes to the shield, and 4x 2mm tubes to the wings.

2. The wing mod - spread the upper and lower parts of the wing so they can open and close.

3. Weapons - the rifle is from HG Astray red frame 1/100, while the lance is the resin Shot Lance from mechaskunk.  A note about the shot lance - it's mostly a smooth, easy to put together weapon, but for some reason one of the resin stubs (that you have to cut off of all resin parts) was on the very tip of the lance, soI had to cut the tip off and reshape the tip using epoxy which took some doing.  

4. The upper torso, the ankle guards, and the feet are from a very cheap recast of CoreWork's Crossbone Gundam.  I bought this recast for $25 from the trade forum, but the quality was so bad that I almost threw them away, until I got the idea to re-use some of the parts for this project.  The parts took a lot of cleaning and they are still not perfect, but any flaws are hardly noticeable now  :D

5. Custom decals - most are from bandai's MG Hi Nu waterslides, I added the red warning decals from leftover MG Wing ver ka. waterslides.  The "Booster" decals on each wing are actually for the Gaplant, and they are from XyberDecal series #4 (awesome decals, I wish they were easier to get)

Personally I like the rifle version better, but I put a lot of work on the lance as well so I feel as if I should like it too  :D   Anyway, here are the pics!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
My Updated Gunpla Sale (updated 9-24-2011)

MY RX-78-2 Artillery Custom WIP

Click on images below to see my Finished Works:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:57 PM

more pics!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

together with the Strike Noir version:
Posted Image
Posted Image

ps: actual mechs are a bit redder than they appear in photos - I tried but couldn't correct for it properly :(

pps: I am looking to do yet another MG Wing ver ka. in the near future, so if someone has spare shield/ wings for sale/ trade please let me know, thx

#3 Hero

Hero

Morally Good But Ambitiously Blind

• 1,728 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:11 PM

Awesome job. No doubt about that.

I noticed that these don't look too much like gundams. More like mecha from super robot wars or some other series. Nonetheless, good job.
If you're poking around and asking how to do this and that, here's my advice: Just try it. And when you inevitably fail, don't blame it on anyone. Learn from it and improve the next time around because honestly that's the fastest and surest way to get good at this craft or just about anything else for that matter.

Fail Harder.

#4 mroneto

mroneto

PG_Viet-phi

• 437 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:48 PM

OMG I just wish I had an airbrush to do that to my MG wing ver ka's.
I just finished the wing mods today, and I am very pleased with the results. When you did your mods, did you ever have trouble with the upper wings being slightly loose?
"An alarm clock is a device that wakes you up just in time to go back to sleep."
- anon.

"You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough."
- Pearl Williams

"The shortest distance between two points is under construction."
- Noelie Altito

"You don't have to know much about trigonometry to figure out that bus is going to hit you if you step off the curb."
- anon.

Posted Image

#5 Knolly

Knolly

I swear I finished a kit once.

• 1,348 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:37 PM

EXCELLENT!

Love the color scheme and the execution!  Very nice usage of random Crossbone parts, haha.

Love the Noir colored one too...  Can't remember if I ever complimented that one or not.

Unfit to be a Gunpla Meister! - Quite Possibly the Greatest Gunpla Blog Evaaaaar

#6 strangepork

strangepork

Never Content

• 810 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:52 AM

Howdy!!!

I really like the blue one.  I like how the wings have a shade of white to blue on them.  I really noticed that.

Cheers!!!
===========================================
I had to move down to the new forbidden craze..
I know its madness but i do it anyway...
I scream louder when i dont know what to say...
One more chance to tear apart my brain...
Now I see color when theres only grey...
=================================================

#7 Cyclone X

Cyclone X

Member v.5

• 883 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, Gundam, Evangelion, Gunnm, Microman, lots of stuff

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:35 AM

hehehe you're building a private Wing militia  :lol:

like the previous one, the execution looks flawless finisched with a smooth paintjob!

#8 Brand New

Brand New

The lamb being led to the slaughter...

• 199 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:56 PM

Wow! The colors fit so well on it. It looks so rad.

#9 Yamisword

Yamisword

Member v.3

• 309 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:29 PM

Sexy!! Very well done! I really like the color scheme, very clean!

Good job!

(now I have an impulse for second attempt on this kit... must resist...!)

#10 mr8892

mr8892

Member v.1

• 50 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:23 AM

dude WTF.... omg.. AWESOME!! holy..

If only I have an AB and a compressor... and some decent skills :).
I like what you did on the wings. The fading effects.. they look so awesome.

#11 Zephyranthes

Zephyranthes

Member v.3

• 385 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:36 AM

Wow..
Nice idea...the color scheme actually fits the Wing Zero nicely..
Btw, I notice that in this color, the Wing Zero now looks more like Victory 2 Assault ? (or maybe it's just me)
Anyway...good job :)

#12 xriddler

xriddler

Member v.3

• 219 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:11 PM

i like it, both the strike noir and hi nu colours came out very hot.

#13 Gouf

Gouf

Member v.4

• 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Zoids, Scifi

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:25 PM

Awesome job. I love the colors and paint job. Not really liking the rounded crossbone style chest font. Other than that it looks great.
Life in the fast lane: EVERYTHING - All the time!!!

My model site is http://kitbash.net

#14 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:28 PM

I posted this guy 3 months ago and now he's getting more attention than when he first made entrance :)

My gallery icons must be paying off!  Thx again, Jinnai!

#15 sledgeviper

sledgeviper

Full fledged Meight

• 1,144 posts
  • Interests:mecha, metal music, cartoons.

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

i love the hi-nu paint job :D.

great idea using an astray beam rifle. and the crossbone chest is an excellent idea, give the wing gundam just the right amount of variation.

by the way, what kit did you get the lance from?

NerdTests.com says I'm a Dorky High Nerd.  Click here to take the Nerd Test, get geeky images and jokes, and write on the nerd forum!

i'm not afraid of my feelings... i touch myself every night -SV

my own MS and MH mecha line-art: sledgeviper.deviantart.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users