• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:33 AM

Hi all,

This is my latest work, the HGUC GP02 EFSF type (as in, b4 it was stolen by Anavel Gato).  This was a very simple build and required minimal brainstorming.  I added 5 bits of thin circular styrene pieces, colored in gunmetal, to each shoulder to accentuate the overall look.  I also added two reactive armor bits to the breat plates, also colored in gunmetal.  Other than the custom decals from samuels, this is it for the mods for this kit.  Colorway is loosely based on the original anime colors, but I darkened the colors to make the overall feel be more menacing.

Really, this is mostly an OOB build.  The toughest part was getting rid of the seamlines on the shoulders, which requires a bit of work (you will know what I mean if you actually work on this kit)

Here are the pics: enjoy!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ps: the center of the chest looks a bit uneven b/c I oversanded and had to fix with putty... but still uneven damn only noticed after I finished painting :(

pps: wonder how many ppl will object to the giant "02" decal on the right shoulder? :)
My Updated Gunpla Sale (updated 9-24-2011)

MY RX-78-2 Artillery Custom WIP

Click on images below to see my Finished Works:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Cyclone X

Cyclone X

Member v.5

• 883 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, Gundam, Evangelion, Gunnm, Microman, lots of stuff

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:02 AM

you're on a modelling spree  :lol:

again, very smooth paintjob, you made him look pretty while I don't like this one LOL

no problems with the big giant 2, it is the GP 02 after all (there's just a white line going through the '2', but that's the printer's fault I suppose)

#3 electric_indigo

electric_indigo

Laser Brain

• 3,035 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:51 AM

The only objection I have against the 02 is that it will look odd when the boosters are tilted in the "parking" position.

I didn't see one of this finished before, so thanks for sharing. 0083 was the series that dragged me terminally into Gundam; it's nice to see these MS again.

-i-
Posted Image

#4 Cronofiend

Cronofiend

Member v.2

• 143 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:21 PM

Looks real good, clean and I really like the vibrant red. Only thing I would have done is position the shoulder thrusters decals on the sides vertically oriented.

#5 MarkW

MarkW

Plastic Surgeon v2

• 4,743 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:51 PM

Your work begs for better lighting.  I,'d suggest at a minimum diffused lighting from the front.  The tilt really casts the front in shadow.
MarkW

A shadow shall fall over the universe, and evil will grow in its path, and death will come from the skies

"I can cross stab Hitler to death off the list of cool crap I thought I'd never do"
--Brock Sampson

Posted Image
Gamera's Mecha/Figure model board

Posted Image

#6 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:55 PM

View PostMarkW, on Jun 3 2008, 07:51 PM, said:

Your work begs for better lighting.  I,'d suggest at a minimum diffused lighting from the front.  The tilt really casts the front in shadow.

yeah I am basically using an overhead halogen and a halogen desktop lamp for close-up.  I do need more lighting I am not doing my effort justice  <_<
My Updated Gunpla Sale (updated 9-24-2011)

MY RX-78-2 Artillery Custom WIP

Click on images below to see my Finished Works:

#7 f91gundam

f91gundam

Member v.3

• 277 posts
  • Interests:modeling,anime, and all around mountainman activities

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:27 PM

paint job is smooth man smooth keep up the good work. also im starting to become a big fan of your work. thanks  :D

#8 MyHeadHurts

MyHeadHurts

• 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:23 PM

It's good. Actually, really clean. And the decals are actually correct since the binders are always extended like that when the unit is in use and the markings are made to be visible when out there, not when it's parked. I'd say that the decals are in the correct position. And the uneven part, didn't notice until you said it. And for a 1:144, not bad. I actually like it. I wonder if it'll get a brother, the MLRS version.  :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users