• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:17 PM

Hi all,

Thought I would share with you my very first completed work, the MG Zeta Plus A1 haman Khan custom.  I finished this kit about one year ago, and it was my very first completed kit (the first "try" was a RX-78-5 Gundam in Zeon green colors, but I never finished it).  As you can see, the Z-Plus has a lot of issues like seam lines on the head and very poor, fat, panel lines, esp. on the wings.  But I decided to leave everything as is and not fix - like I do other kits - for remembrance sakes.  I still enjoy looking at it, but as my desktop is cluttered I now keep it in my closet.  :(

Anyway, here is the backstory for this kit:
During the height of the Gryps War (Zeta Gundam era), Anaheim Electronics, the trans-international conglomerate that designs and manufactures mobile suits for such upstart factions as the AEUG, became nervous about the rising power of the Neo Zeon and decided to make an overture for an "understanding" between their two organizations.  As a sign of good will during the ensueing negotiations, Anaheim re-painted and offered one of their top secret mobile suits to the charismatic leader of the Neo Zeon movement, Haman Khan.  In the end, the "understanding" - a secret treaty for protection for the conglomerate should the Neo Zeon achieve dominance over both the Titans/ EFSF and AEUG - never got beyond talking points.  However, Haman was greatly pleased by Anaheim's gift, as it offered her important insights to the strengths and weaknesses of one of her greatest enemies.  This gift was none other than one of the first MSZ-006A1 Zeta Plus units, the mass-produced version of the MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam, the greatest mobile suit of the AEUG, and Haman's eventual mortal enemy.

The decals are from Samuel's Quebeley series, which I thought appropriate.

Enough words, here are the pics, enjoy!:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Real kit is actually a touch less blue than pics, but they are close enough.  Remember, this is my first kit, so please keep the criticisms to a minimum! :)
My Updated Gunpla Sale (updated 9-24-2011)

MY RX-78-2 Artillery Custom WIP

Click on images below to see my Finished Works:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 shawdidi

shawdidi

• 198 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:45 PM

Man, that is some good work.  Beautiful kit.  
I have the same kit.  Finishing prep the parts, but have not completed the kit.

If you must ask me to critize, I can only say probably the purple face.

The background story of the kit is very interesting too.  Good imagination.   :)

#3 Sacred Blade Deimos

Sacred Blade Deimos

Cheese Taterson

• 853 posts
  • Interests:art, music, model kits

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:54 PM

Well, it's certainly superior to the first kit I ever completed!  :lol:

It is interesting to see new takes on familiar mecha.  The story of the Anaheim selling out the Z+ to Axis actually sounds like a logical background, seeing as they had done the same with the GP04 a few years prior in the canon story.

It's a shame that there was not a 1/100 Gaza-C though... its gun would look really good on this build as well as tying it in nicely with the theme.

Good work, man!

#4 Cyclone X

Cyclone X

Member v.5

• 883 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, Gundam, Evangelion, Gunnm, Microman, lots of stuff

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:58 AM

that's some lovely work on the colors and colorsheme :)

#5 Deathblow

Deathblow

• 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:42 AM

Very interresting color scheme! i like your first work!

#6 sledgeviper

sledgeviper

Full fledged Meight

• 1,144 posts
  • Interests:mecha, metal music, cartoons.

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:58 PM

beautifully colored my friend. great choice of pastels. bravo *claps* another innovates paint job my you. cheers

NerdTests.com says I'm a Dorky High Nerd.  Click here to take the Nerd Test, get geeky images and jokes, and write on the nerd forum!

i'm not afraid of my feelings... i touch myself every night -SV

my own MS and MH mecha line-art: sledgeviper.deviantart.com

#7 Victorious Secret

Victorious Secret

Member v.4

• 496 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:58 AM

Whoa!

Brother Beertax I've must missed out on this one when you post it.  This gotta be one of my favorite from your collection.

Excellent color combo and clean build.  Great call on the colored mask.

What color are the purple and pink you used?  I would love to build a Zeon machine in this color scheme.

VS

#8 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:18 AM

View PostVictorious Secret, on Jul 27 2008, 09:58 AM, said:

Whoa!

Brother Beertax I've must missed out on this one when you post it.  This gotta be one of my favorite from your collection.

Excellent color combo and clean build.  Great call on the colored mask.

What color are the purple and pink you used?  I would love to build a Zeon machine in this color scheme.

VS

hi VS!

The colors are custom made from tamiya acrylics.  I don't have a specific combination %, as I usually mix a little bit of this and a little bit of that until I get the batch that i want.  For the two main colors (darker and lighter pink) I used a combination of Tamiya pink, tamiya purple, tamiya white, tamiya red, and tamiya orange.

#9 Victorious Secret

Victorious Secret

Member v.4

• 496 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:52 AM

Brother Beertax,

I'm taking a second look on this project.  This color combo is very femine and well it should be.  You did an excellent job (even though I seriously doubt this is your first kit LOL).

I notice on your last picture where the fins at there are two vertically retangular panel line but did not finish rounding them off.  It would be great if you round them off and fill the little squre with light gray... maybe that would solve that problem.

VS

#10 JahKhaar

JahKhaar

Rising Star ;D

• 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:45 PM

Good job on it!

Personally Im thinking of smashing my to millions, very frustating kit but great job!

#11 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:16 PM

it's the first work I ever completed... more than 2 yrs ago.  It's got a lot of small flaws, but overall I remember being quite pleased with it.  My friend used to make fun of it and call it the Prada Gundam b/c of its girlishness

#12 JahKhaar

JahKhaar

Rising Star ;D

• 12 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:59 AM

Maybe the A1 is better then the C1, its the C1 i have.
Some parts on the kit couldnt even fit so I had to sand it alot, but Ill might find the power in me to paint it someday.

Hehe well its fun to paint in all diffrent sorts of colors

#13 Iversen_boy

Iversen_boy

• 15 posts
  • Interests:Gundam Modelling =D

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:56 AM

wow,it's so refreshing

#14 strangepork

strangepork

Never Content

• 810 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:43 PM

Howdy!!!

Great work!! I like the color scheme.

Cheers!!
===========================================
I had to move down to the new forbidden craze..
I know its madness but i do it anyway...
I scream louder when i dont know what to say...
One more chance to tear apart my brain...
Now I see color when theres only grey...
=================================================

#15 -Hasaki-

-Hasaki-

Old School Member

• 1,401 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:28 AM

Nicely done, certainly beats my 1st work in many aspects.
Work in Progress
1/100 Wing Zero-TV ver-

Posted Image

My Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users