• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:23 PM

Hi all,

These are the 3 HGUC 1/144 Hazel mechs I worked on in conjunction with the Spartan.  These are, in order a. Hazel early-type Full Armor color b. Hazel Custom c. Hazel Owsla.  The only serious mod I did were extending the lower legs of the Hazel Custom and Hazel Owsla, since the stock legs make the kits look squat.  I also added some styrene parts to the legs as well.  For decals, I used the Bandai AOZ series and Xyberdecal #4 which is absolutely fantastic.

Additional notes for each mech:
a. Hazel early-type Full Armor coloor: I actually did this kit as a test bed for the FullArmor colors, which I plan to use on another project in the future.  I think the colors need less difference in hue, but this kit didn't turn out too bad imho.  I'm pretty satisfied since I only bought the early-type for it's backpack which I wanted for the Owsla.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
My Updated Gunpla Sale (updated 9-24-2011)

MY RX-78-2 Artillery Custom WIP

Click on images below to see my Finished Works:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:30 PM

b. Hazel Custom: This is the stock Hazel Custom with Advanced Hazel's backpack and shields, and the early-type's rifle.  I expected a lot of trouble with this kis but I never realized that I would have to do so much masking.  I am pretty satisfied with the color scheme; I used the same colors from my GP02 b/c I love the blue so much.  I especially love the white text decals from Xyberdecal, which were prefect for this project.  I might do another Hazel in the future, but only if Bandai makes the MG version :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Victorious Secret

Victorious Secret

Member v.4

• 496 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:30 PM

Whoa~ borther Beertax you definitely have excellent eyes for the color!  Very clean work!  I love the color combo!

Would you tell me what color you used?

A bit of constructive criticism:  little scary on the last picture with the first post big decal there.  I would try to poke those airbubbles and apply some Future to make the decal settle then over it with clear coat again.  Not a big deal but for something this great is hard not to put in that 5 mins extra effort.

VS

#4 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:33 PM

c. Hazel Owsla: Please note that this kit is not finished.  It actually is, in the technical sense, but now I plan to make sojme changes - esp. with the decals, which I think are too much.  Plus I need to take photos with a background that does not clash with the white color of the mech.  Hopfully MarkW can help me with the additional decals I plan to add to the Owsla.  Anyway here are just a couple pics of the Owsla in its current state.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:35 PM

View PostVictorious Secret, on Jul 29 2008, 07:30 PM, said:

Whoa~ borther Beertax you definitely have excellent eyes for the color!  Very clean work!  I love the color combo!

Would you tell me what color you used?

A bit of constructive criticism:  little scary on the last picture with the first post big decal there.  I would try to poke those airbubbles and apply some Future to make the decal settle then over it with clear coat again.  Not a big deal but for something this great is hard not to put in that 5 mins extra effort.

VS

yea VS I appreciate it.  It's hard to catch all the little air bubbles unless you reflect each against the light, I guess I missed it :(  The entire decal-ing process for the 3 kits took almost 7 hours believe it or not haha, and by the end I was just glad it was all over.

#6 akita

akita

Member v.3

• 399 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

Nice Owsla...  IMO, I would put the linear cannon...  Or that is my plan...  Still looking for the last Primrose kit...

Posted Image

#7 Victorious Secret

Victorious Secret

Member v.4

• 496 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:47 PM

Brother, take a break and go back later.  I do that ALL THE TIME!

Sometimes I get soooo tunnelvisioned I forget little things here and there... all thanks to people here pointed out for me to catch those pesky stuff I need to make my model better. :)

Edit:  Man looking at those Hazel makes me want to buil them as well~  Do they make them in 1/100 scales?

VS

#8 Eltherin

Eltherin

Amuro's Lackey

• 1,116 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:08 PM

Wow, great work as always buddy. But you need to slow down, you are making the rest of us look bad  :lol:

#9 すいかのふくろう

すいかのふくろう

Yo.

• 270 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

That Owsla is just damn amazing.

#10 Puffer Fiz

Puffer Fiz

4dM1n

• 2,030 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:30 PM

those are really nice! nice and clean and decaled, so yes i like the 3rd one and i dont think you should change it.
Posted Image

my terrible youtube videos

Finished Kits(old -> new):
RX-78 EZ8 (MG) +++++++++++++++++ Rick Dias "Black Comet" ++++++++++++++ MMS-01 Serpent++++++++++++++++1/6 Comic Party Chisa Tsukamoto+++++++++++
1/6 Causual Saber +++=====++++++++ T-62A Russian Tank ++++ooiii+++++++MG MSZ-006C1 Z-Plus +++++++++++++++++1/6 Monterhunter Archer
1/46 Bf109E-4/7 TROP ++++++++++++++++HGUC Sazabi +++=====++++oo==+++ 1/100 OverFlag+++======+++=pppp=+++ 1/35 M1A2 SEP Tank
HG RGM-79C++++++++++++++++yuuu+++++MG GN-X ++++++o+++++yuuu+++++FrameArms Type48
Current Project:
What ever I feel like working on

#11 Cyclone X

Cyclone X

Member v.5

• 883 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, Gundam, Evangelion, Gunnm, Microman, lots of stuff

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:30 AM

Hazel Love :)

all have a very clean paintjob, my favourite is the Owsla version, which doesn't seem to have too much decals to me, except the shield
The decals on the sub-arms, at the articulations, is it cut before or after you applied them?

and are you now working on AOZ Gaplant, considering you already have its gun?

#12 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:03 AM

View PostCyclone X, on Jul 30 2008, 12:30 PM, said:

Hazel Love :)

all have a very clean paintjob, my favourite is the Owsla version, which doesn't seem to have too much decals to me, except the shield
The decals on the sub-arms, at the articulations, is it cut before or after you applied them?

and are you now working on AOZ Gaplant, considering you already have its gun?

thx for the compliment.

I plan to change the right shoulder of the Owsla.  I decided that I don't like the emblem on its right shoulder.  For now I will leave it as is but hopfully I will change the decal there to black text.

The decals on the subram were cut after applied.  I used a razor to carefully separate the decal.

My next project is probbaly MG Strike Noir VP conversion, or the 1/100 FSS Bangdoll.  Both are cleaned and primed so it's basically a coin toss.

#13 OrganisedKaos

OrganisedKaos

Member v.4

• 518 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:17 PM

I like how clean your paintjobs always look. How do you do it?

#14 Derringer

Derringer

GunPla Nurse

• 2,316 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:07 PM

luv that 2nd hazel
Live in the U.S.? Want your local anime/hobby store to sell Gundam Models? Have them contact us! www.bluefincorp.com We're the official U.S. Distributor for gundam models and collectibles by Bandai!

www.twitter.com/TamashiiNations www.facebook.com/Tamashii.USA

GUNPLA MODEL KIT WORLD CUP 2014 LOCATIONS AND DATES
Anime Central, Chicago, Illinois May 16-18 |A-Kon, Dallas, Texas, June 6 – June 8|
Anime Expo Los Angeles, CA July 3-6 | Otakon Baltimore, MD Aug 8 -10 |New York Comic Con, New York Oct 9th – 12th

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users