MG Strike Noir (VP Conversion) + I.W.S.P.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:53 AM

Hi all,

Here's my newest work, the MG Strike Noir (VP Conversion) + I.W.S.P.  (don't ask me what IWSP stands for, I've no idea  :D )

The colorway is pretty much straight from VP website.  Like the VP kit I used two tones of light grey, but it doesn't show well in the photo.  I used similar feeling for the IWSP backpack, the shield, and the rifle.  The decals are mostly from VP waterslides, with some additions from Bandai's official Strike Noir waterslides, and I also used a few white warning decals (on the rifle, knee etc.) from mechaskunk.

On hindsight I am satisfied with my work, but I wonder if I could've used a non-Strike Noir colorway.  I really thought about it for several weeks prior to starting this work, but I couldn't think of any that satisfied me.  I honestly believe that black and light grey go perfectly with the head and faceplate.  But its a shame, as I enjoy custom colorways, but oh well the final work looks nic eon my desktop :)

Anyway, that's the end of my rant.  Enjoy the work :)

ps: Updated new Photos.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
My Updated Gunpla Sale (updated 9-24-2011)

MY RX-78-2 Artillery Custom WIP

Click on images below to see my Finished Works:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:54 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 electric_indigo

electric_indigo

Laser Brain

• 3,000 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:35 AM

I hate the backpack overkill Seed designs, but your speed & accuracy is really impressive. Very clean work (but there's a mean seamline on the shield handle!), and good use of decals. The seamlines on the grey parts look a bit too strong.

I personally would avoid a black paintjob on such a complex design, as it tends to swallow all the interesting features.
Posted Image

#4 Couch

Couch

Member v.1

• 50 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:40 AM

awesome beertax, I'm jealous  :(

#5 Cronofiend

Cronofiend

Member v.2

• 143 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:42 AM

From a craftsmanship standpoint the model looks really good.  I would suggest some stronger, more diffused lighting in your photos. It makes the black look a little harsh.  I like the orange lens things on the backpack. But I have to agree with Indigo, the seed backpack designs are atrocious, they don't match the lines or style of the Gundams at all, especially since they slap them on everything in the series. Personally, I think that gun looks ridiculous on that Gundam. Although it is a cool design, it looks like it would rip his shoulder clean out of socket if he tried to fire it. Much better suited for a chunky Gundam, not these speedy seed types.

#6 CHAOS V2

CHAOS V2

Master Of The Rants Section

• 948 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:45 PM

oof!, That looks NICE! In my opinion a glossy Black would of done it but to each his own right? ^^

#7 Hero

Hero

Morally Good But Ambitiously Blind

• 1,728 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:41 PM

Oh AWESOME! It looks very well painted except for a spot or two. My VP Noir is at 75% completion right now and it's on hold because I lost some of the pieces of the backpack. I'm also trying to get my hands on some decals as well. I personally prefer the bandai ones, but they're sold out. I may end up purchasing from Samuel like you did eventually. What kind of white/grey did you use for the limb armor? It took me a while to pick out the grays for the kit.
If you're poking around and asking how to do this and that, here's my advice: Just try it. And when you inevitably fail, don't blame it on anyone. Learn from it and improve the next time around because honestly that's the fastest and surest way to get good at this craft or just about anything else for that matter.

Fail Harder.

#8 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:54 PM

View PostDarkAge, on Aug 23 2008, 03:41 AM, said:

Oh AWESOME! It looks very well painted except for a spot or two. My VP Noir is at 75% completion right now and it's on hold because I lost some of the pieces of the backpack. I'm also trying to get my hands on some decals as well. I personally prefer the bandai ones, but they're sold out. I may end up purchasing from Samuel like you did eventually. What kind of white/grey did you use for the limb armor? It took me a while to pick out the grays for the kit.

For decals, all the large white decals are from VP; for this project I didn't use any decals from samuels.  I bought Bandai's waterslides for the Strike Noir, but I only used small pieces from it I still have all the large decals and I listed them on my sales page.

As for colors, the black is straight from semi-gloss black bottle.  All other colors are custom made, as is my norm.  I use tamiya acrylics for all my works.

This is my final Seed Gundam in this lifetime.  As far as Gundam is concerned from now on its all UC mechs for me. (maybe another Wing ver ka.... but that's it)

#9 Cyclone X

Cyclone X

Member v.5

• 883 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, Gundam, Evangelion, Gunnm, Microman, lots of stuff

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:38 AM

Noir's colors are pretty and menacing, together with the dark IWSP pack it works very well.  The Akatsuki packs (in black) should also work on Noir (I love to interchange packs :D)

I think you did a very good job, aside from a few uneven sanded parts (?) (left shoulder)

#10 f91gundam

f91gundam

Member v.3

• 277 posts
  • Interests:modeling,anime, and all around mountainman activities

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:42 AM

iwsp stands for: intergrated weapon system pack. also nice job on this. keep up the good work cant wait to see what u throw up next.

#11 StrikeRogue88

StrikeRogue88

meber

• 22 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:58 PM

Damn very nice. Not much of a model guy myself but that looks very nice. Wish they made the I.W.S.P. for MSIA Strike gundam :/

#12 Busterbeam

Busterbeam

Member v.1

• 55 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:32 AM

HAWT!!!
Plamo Addiction
Almost disgustingly meticulous Gundam model fanaticism
Posted Image

#13 ichvon knives

ichvon knives

Axis Links Developer

• 157 posts
  • Interests:Planning to build my own story together with my OWN designed mechs!<br /><br />Cross Links : The first path...<br /><br />Mechanical Speculations :<br /><br />[01] Fallen Mahogany : Completed<br />[02] White Grail : Completed<br />[03] Crescent Clown : 10% [ Scratch build ]

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:24 AM

O.O they already gave the comment that you deserve!!

EXCELLENT!

#14 PhantomPain

PhantomPain

Improving slowly...

• 431 posts
  • Interests:gunpla, anime, gaming,...
    the usual :P

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:34 AM

nice :D
i wish my noir looked so good, but ofcourse i don't have the money to buy VP conversion parts :P
Checkout My Blog :D
Posted Image
if anyone has some tips on making banners, please PM me :D

#15 tekken

tekken

Member v.1

• 80 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:37 AM

holy shit that is sweet , seriously honest question how many hrs did that take all up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users