• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:49 AM

Hi all,

This is my latest project, the MG Wing ver ka. Excalibur custom.  I applied several mods to the mech, but mostly these are very subtle, such as the opening on the shoulder paudlon hatch, re-adjusted thigh armour, panel lines on the calf armor, and pla plates on skirt, thigh, and the feet.  I also applied several 2mm metal pipings to the shoulders and skirt armor, as well as 1mm pipings on the side of chest and on the shield.  Finally, and most important, the main weapon is the Anti-Ship Sword "Excalibur" from from MG Force Impulse, coloured in stock scheme.

revised:
I re-colored the Excalibur and added the sword-shield combo from 1/100 HG Exia Gundam.  I like the results a lot better.  Thx for the C&C drove me to improve on the original.

As for the color scheme, I combined Sword Impulse + Deepstriker schemes, and the decals are mostly from Bandai Wing ver ka. + as always several from samueldecals.com.

C&C welcome; enjoy!
new fotos:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

old fotos:
Posted Image
Posted Image

now, SOMEONE SELL/ TRADE ME ANOTHER MG WING VER KA! (I don't mind assembled)
My Updated Gunpla Sale (updated 9-24-2011)

MY RX-78-2 Artillery Custom WIP

Click on images below to see my Finished Works:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 ucangler

ucangler

The Royal Wulff Fly

• 2,844 posts
  • Interests:UC mobile S.U.I.Ts (1/144 scale)

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:59 AM

ooooooooooooooo!!! aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!

Love the "beertax" style. Keep up the good work. speaking of beer...:beermugs:

PS rick dom for GB all painted ready for decals soon as they arrive. Must paint orange band around left arm as well.

#3 herbertthepervert

herbertthepervert

Member v.3

• 336 posts
  • Interests:model-making, artwork, etc.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:07 PM

very well done again! my two cents would only be some more panel lining and that i think the sword should match the overall paint scheme, so it "fits" more, but thats it. as i said before this is another really, really well done kit by you sir.
War is crazy, so instead of throwing grenades, throw apples. Then, when the enemy is pondering why you threw an apple, throw a grenade.

#4 PhantomPain

PhantomPain

Improving slowly...

• 431 posts
  • Interests:gunpla, anime, gaming,...
    the usual :P

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:31 PM

like your other wings this one looks awsome too,
though i don't really like the red face plate (but ofcourse that's just my opinion)
Checkout My Blog :D
Posted Image
if anyone has some tips on making banners, please PM me :D

#5 ogeray

ogeray

Member v.4

• 482 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:15 PM

yea, the red face looks a bit weird to me...
wish there was some blue in the actual gundam so that the colors would flow better with the sword

#6 akita

akita

Member v.3

• 399 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:21 PM

yea, the red face is some what...odd...  But I do love the other coloration

Posted Image

#7 badboy00z

badboy00z

Member v.5

• 922 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:23 PM

I also don't like the red face. Looks like it's blushing. Lol.

#8 KOG

KOG

The King in Yellow

• The Mods
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:48 PM

I guess I'll be the fifth to say I don't like the red face. But I think the colored faces thing is somewhat typical in terms of Beertax's works.

Other than the red face, it looks nice. Though the mix-and-match application of markings is also a little odd. Stuff from both Wing and Crossbone on the shield?

#9 Derringer

Derringer

GunPla Nurse

• 2,316 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:54 PM

You sure do like the wing early type don't you.

Heheh, ditto on the face color, but I'm more bothered about the gray on the feet for some reason.
Live in the U.S.? Want your local anime/hobby store to sell Gundam Models? Have them contact us! www.bluefincorp.com We're the official U.S. Distributor for gundam models and collectibles by Bandai!

www.twitter.com/TamashiiNations www.facebook.com/Tamashii.USA

GUNPLA MODEL KIT WORLD CUP 2014 LOCATIONS AND DATES
Anime Central, Chicago, Illinois May 16-18 |A-Kon, Dallas, Texas, June 6 – June 8|
Anime Expo Los Angeles, CA July 3-6 | Otakon Baltimore, MD Aug 8 -10 |New York Comic Con, New York Oct 9th – 12th

#10 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:06 PM

Hi guys, and thx for the comments.

I did guess correctly that many of you would dislike the red faceplate.  I dunno why, but I just think it's appropriate to this piece, which is basically an 'alternate' scheme, meaning a lot of things would be off place and backwards.

As for the crossbone decal, I know it does not fit but I honestly felt I had no other choice.  I knew that some sort of emblem had to be placed on the chest and the shield, but I had none on hand and the crossbone decals seemed to fit the best.  Also, I admit I am not completely satisfied with how the sword turned out.  Maybe I will swipe the blue with red and paint the red-pink part in green to simulate the beam section.

On hindsight this is one of the most conflicting pieces I did in this hobby.  I color-stripped this piece twice (once I tried a Sazabi scheme, than a light/ dark purple scheme) b/c I wasn't sure until the last moment what I wanted.  And when I finally finished painting I was very tempted to strip it again and re-paint in either 1) Master Gundam scheme or 2) Titans scheme.  I also had color leftover from my GMG Zeta and that would have been a good fit too.  I hope to do at least one more Wing ver ka., using the Zeta Evolve grey wolf scheme (the yellow/ grey one) and perhaps another using the Titans scheme.  Maybe in the future after I am done with my current projects, which are MG Assault Impulse and HGUC Nu Gundam NG conversion.
My Updated Gunpla Sale (updated 9-24-2011)

MY RX-78-2 Artillery Custom WIP

Click on images below to see my Finished Works:

#11 strangepork

strangepork

Never Content

• 810 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

Howdy!!

Wow... As always Beertax nice work.  I did like the experiment with the red face plate.  

Cheers!!!
===========================================
I had to move down to the new forbidden craze..
I know its madness but i do it anyway...
I scream louder when i dont know what to say...
One more chance to tear apart my brain...
Now I see color when theres only grey...
=================================================

#12 Deku

Deku

error

• 1,272 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

The mod are amazing, but the face plate, or mouth looks kind of strange red.

#13 symbiotes_021

symbiotes_021

• 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

I'm very liking it, maybe because the colour scheme ( mainly red & white) and big sword and wings... :P

#14 Althena

Althena

Less posting, more building

• 501 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

Well I have to go against the grain here, I LOVE the red face. x3  It was one of the first things that popped out to me.  I like the color scheme overall, but like others have said I feel the sword doesn't fit.  I like your idea about swapping some of the colors around, and a green beam on this would fit best aesthetically (with red and green being opposites and all).

Still, great work, and I don't care how many Wing ver Ka you do, they all look great, heehee. <3

Posted Image
.: we love you :.

#15 Chzar

Chzar

Member v.3

• 281 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:29 AM

another wing mod from beertax :D quite good.
is that a water slide decal?

love the color scheme, keep it up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users