• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:29 PM

Hi all,

This is the 1/144 HG Throne Eins that I completed last summer.  I didn't put it up all this time b/c I didn't really like how it turned out, and it's been stored in my closet for months since.  But since I had the camera set up today so I said to myself, why the hell not present it?

Anyway as you may notice, the color scheme is from Gundam Unicorn Re-GZL.  I also placed many koto vernier option parts all around and placed shin guards as well to spruce up the base design.

Overall technically it turned out the way I envisioned, but for some reason the final product did not agree with my aesthetic taste.  So it will probbaly go back into the closet :)  Anyway here are the pics, enjoy!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ps: haha I just noticed, this mech also has the dark face plate!
My Updated Gunpla Sale (updated 9-24-2011)

MY RX-78-2 Artillery Custom WIP

Click on images below to see my Finished Works:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 gmhead

gmhead

Member v.2

• 163 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:58 PM

Looks awesome. Not a big fan of the design of the thrones, but your paintjob makes it look cool.

#3 Chzar

Chzar

Member v.3

• 281 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:21 PM

Nice.. really nice :)

#4 Althena

Althena

Less posting, more building

• 501 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:11 PM

I really like the color.  *_*

Posted Image
.: we love you :.

#5 ucangler

ucangler

The Royal Wulff Fly

• 2,844 posts
  • Interests:UC mobile S.U.I.Ts (1/144 scale)

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:34 PM

I think it looks awesome. I had to do a double take on it cause it made me notice throne. Ive always overlooked but those colors makes it look good. gj.

#6 OrganisedKaos

OrganisedKaos

Member v.4

• 518 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:38 PM

Oh I might steal the idea of the guard around those shin holes for my Zwei. How do you do those?

I didn't like how my Eins turned out either might redo it. Those little extra parts make it look so much better and your painting is as great as always.

#7 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:44 PM

View PostOrganisedKaos, on Feb 18 2009, 01:38 AM, said:

Oh I might steal the idea of the guard around those shin holes for my Zwei. How do you do those?

I didn't like how my Eins turned out either might redo it. Those little extra parts make it look so much better and your painting is as great as always.

the shin guard itself is from 1/144 HG Infinite Justice.  I attached it to the Eins by drilling 1mm hole on and both the shin guard and the shin of the Eins and putting a tiny piece of 1mm copper wire to hold them together.

#8 OrganisedKaos

OrganisedKaos

Member v.4

• 518 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:01 PM

A bit confused but I'll have a look at my brother's half trashed 1/144th IJ and see.

#9 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

doesn't really matter how you attach it as long as the sin guards stay on.  Its just that the spots where the shin guards go on on the shins of the Eins are rounded, so you need an anchor - like the 1mm copper wires - to hold the shin guards in place.

#10 OrganisedKaos

OrganisedKaos

Member v.4

• 518 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:33 PM

Oh, I thought maybe, I'll just glue them in or cut out some new ones.

#11 Cecil_Widowmaker

Cecil_Widowmaker

The awesome

• 246 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:49 AM

The shoulder mounted cannon is huge... Think hes compensating for something? ;)
"What is real and what is fake when what was lost in a dream is found in reality?" -Robert "Herutsu" Niechin

#12 OrganisedKaos

OrganisedKaos

Member v.4

• 518 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:53 PM

Where did you get those little vent addons I see in the feet and leg armour?

#13 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:47 PM

kotobukiya option parts, I order them from HJ.com

#14 Reazard

Reazard

• 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:52 PM

nice paint job mod , but i think u could use a lighter gray to make it abit more appealing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users