• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:47 AM

Hi all,

This is something I completed last year.  I didn't post it up b/c I couldn't get the right color balance on my camera.  It's still a bit off, but it's close enough that it merits putting up online.

This kit is obviously based on the HG 1/144 CGue Deep Arms, which is from Seed MSV lineup I believe.  I replaced the waist/ side armor/ back skirt with HG 1/144 Mobile Cgue, and the legs/ feet with those from... damn it I can't recall :)  I know I extended the thighs a bit using pla plates and filling with epoxy putty.  I also moved the sword holder to the backpack, and added the shield-gatling from Mobile CGue to complement the rifle on the right hand.  I also added fuel tanks from HGUC Gelgoog Marine Cima Custom.  Finally I added a jewel eye from mechaskunk to the eye socket, replacing the pathetic stock sticker.  As for color scheme, I was trying to get the colors from Crossbone X2, which I know is a weird choice but I like its colors and I hope to someday grab my hands on one.  Decals are from Bandai's SEED waterslides.  Anyway hope you like it!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
My Updated Gunpla Sale (updated 9-24-2011)

MY RX-78-2 Artillery Custom WIP

Click on images below to see my Finished Works:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

plus a couple pics of my GMG Zeta... I dont intend to make a formal post on this kit since I dont think my photo skills do it justice.  Just adding them since I took these photos in the same session.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Jsze1

Jsze1

Member v.3

• 258 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:39 AM

The CGue has some seamlines and paint transfers, but nothing too noticeable. Overall, nice.

#4 Couch

Couch

Member v.1

• 50 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:59 AM

There is a seam missed on the zeta gun.

#5 ucangler

ucangler

The Royal Wulff Fly

• 2,844 posts
  • Interests:UC mobile S.U.I.Ts (1/144 scale)

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:03 PM

damn beertax you just keep pulling out completed kits from nowhere!

#6 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:13 PM

View PostCouch, on Apr 2 2009, 03:59 PM, said:

There is a seam missed on the zeta gun.

cant believe I missed that.  This I will def. have to fix.  This GMG Zeta is one of my favorite kits can't believe I missed the seam :(

#7 ucangler

ucangler

The Royal Wulff Fly

• 2,844 posts
  • Interests:UC mobile S.U.I.Ts (1/144 scale)

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:19 PM

you know for the background, all you need is to go to michaels and get a poster board and lean it up against the wall for a background. There like $1.50 with endless mounts of colors and patterns to choose from.

EDIT:

GMG is what scale?

#8 beertax

beertax

Committed Member

• 1,960 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:34 PM

View Postucangler, on Apr 2 2009, 04:19 PM, said:

you know for the background, all you need is to go to michaels and get a poster board and lean it up against the wall for a background. There like $1.50 with endless mounts of colors and patterns to choose from.

EDIT:

GMG is what scale?

GMG Zeta is 1/100

#9 sonar

sonar

Member v.2

• 174 posts
  • Interests:G A N D A M M U ! ! !

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:13 AM

Cgue is really fresh. I'm a sucker for a gatling. There are a few grey parts that look really plastic - hands, mag, shield handle. Assuming you left them bare? There's a small bit of blue leakage on the round things on the back as well. Far be it from me to nitpick though. I think you've done an awesome job. Of particular note is the colour scheme - the blue and silver really pop, and the gatling heat diffuser look killer. Great work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users